New Xbox Experience Launches Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

pretty cool... looking forward to the netflix thing tat is supposed to be coming

Retrogame

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2007
Well, I wouldn't EXACTLY call it a Mii knockoff. For one thing, I doubt that you'll be able to "use" your little NXE dude in any games.

There are "virtual IM" programs all over the internet also.

And, in three of the most popular console games right now (Rock Band 1+2 and Guitar Hero World Tour) an integral part of the experience is to create a fairly unique character for the game, and now they're jumping out of the game -- you'll be able to buy T-shirts and action figures of your Rock Band heroes for example.

I think what we're seeing is Nintendo kind of started a trend and a lot of companies are following suit.

I guess we'll get to see tomorrow whether the hoopla is worth it. I hope they don't get rid of gamerscore achievements and gamer pics and stuff like that, it's part of what made the 360 as successful as it has been so far. And the blades and desktop pictures are cool too in their own way.

bigdaddyjosh

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
[citation][nom]techtre2003[/nom]Wow, a vista looking interface and a Mii knockoff. This will really change the way I use my XBOX?[/citation]
Actually, It looks nothing like Vista. I downloaded this last night and its actually quite cool. Especially the Netflix plugin and the ability to copy games to the hard drive.[citation][nom]Retrogame[/nom]Well, I wouldn't EXACTLY call it a Mii knockoff. For one thing, I doubt that you'll be able to "use" your little NXE dude in any games.There are "virtual IM" programs all over the internet also.And, in three of the most popular console games right now (Rock Band 1+2 and Guitar Hero World Tour) an integral part of the experience is to create a fairly unique character for the game, and now they're jumping out of the game -- you'll be able to buy T-shirts and action figures of your Rock Band heroes for example.I think what we're seeing is Nintendo kind of started a trend and a lot of companies are following suit.I guess we'll get to see tomorrow whether the hoopla is worth it. I hope they don't get rid of gamerscore achievements and gamer pics and stuff like that, it's part of what made the 360 as successful as it has been so far. And the blades and desktop pictures are cool too in their own way.[/citation]
Actually they said on day one 2-3 games are gonna launch that use your Avatar.

christophero1973

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2008
I DO NOT NEED AN AVATAR!!! I like to be unknown. Microsoft is probably collecting what you look like through the details of your avatar and handing it over to law-enforcment(911 is over: I WOULD LIKE MY CONSTITUTION BACK!). I don't need this to play a $60.00 @#$%^&*(!) game. What a let-down. And, NO it doesn't look like windows vista eye-snot. It displays useless marketing garbage(!), instead of simple menus. A waste of my playing time.

Status
Not open for further replies.