Next 4G Phone from Sprint is the Epic 4G

Status
Not open for further replies.

wing2010

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2010
The reason why Sprint needs to release the Epic 4G so quick is that phone (Samsung Galaxy S) is going to be available to almost all carriers (AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile) at the same time with different name.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
also, for those who are interested, its the first to use a new GPU since the iphone 3GS, the 540, as opposed to the 535 thats used in everything from the 3gs to the ipad to the iphone 4 (and all android phones in between). exactly the same, just more powerful. as in 2 to 3 times more powerful (depending on clock speeds of course) so if you wanna play crysis on your phone... I guess this is your best bet.

AMDnoob

Distinguished
May 3, 2009
[citation][nom]Ehsan w[/nom]Meh, not really into the Samsung os.But competition is still competition[/citation]
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but Android is Android. I know many phone manufacturers add in their own little UI tweaks (HTC Sense+Android) but I'm not sure where you're coming from when you say "Samsung OS".. it's Google's Android.

tntom

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2001
Meh, not really into the Samsung os.
But competition is still competition :)
@ AMDnoob I think what Eshan W is referring to is the fact that not only are Samsung's UI tweaks to Android not as good as HTC's Sense but that Samsung can't be trusted to update the phone once it gets two product cycles old. I've always preffered Samsungs mobile phones for their function and durability but I will not get a Samsung Smartphone because they don't update the previous generation phones.

maxiim

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Its not a samsung os...its Android. And the EVO 4G will be a hard phone to beat, unless you go to the competition and get verizon's incredible which isnt as good, or you wait for the Droid X which will be just about the same as the EVO 4G.

long2know

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
I was going to go with the Galaxy S, but I really would rather have the Epic 4G (Galaxy Pro). The full keyboard adds a lot of potential for not only texting, but also as a games controller.

crazyrigs

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
..need to sue these guys for using my name
(crazyrigs Epic, ,,facebook username) for the device without my consent ...I need a good lawyer ...anyone..??

G

"Samsung's UI tweaks to Android not as good as HTC's Sense but that Samsung can't be trusted to update the phone once it gets two product cycles old. "

i think most smartphone users by that point would be out of their contract and be able to upgrade to the latest/greatest. Who keeps their phones much longer than 2 years now a days?

bk420

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
I like the phone just wish the full specs where concrete. I've heard a lot about the screen being 4" or 4.3" and also is there a ATSC Tuner included??? Samsung makes great mobile phones, hope this one lives up to the expectation.

I may end up picking one of these and using it as my 3G/4G hotspot and ditching my mobile-broadband... Any ideas if wired tethering will be available??

o0RaidR0o

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2006
[citation][nom]Ehsan w[/nom]Meh, not really into the Samsung os.But competition is still competition[/citation]
You need to re-read the article, the Epic comes loaded with Android 2.1.

G

Need to confirm that the Epic 4G is NOT a world capable phone..

Status
Not open for further replies.