Next Gen iPhone Specs "Leaked"

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shleepy

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
[citation][nom]pocketdrummer[/nom]Why would an American built product be shipped to an asian location for testing?It's probably a knock off (with some enhanced specs)[/citation]
American-built, eh? Ever read the back of your iPhone, sir?

norbs

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
[citation][nom]pocketdrummer[/nom]Why would an American built product be shipped to an asian location for testing?It's probably a knock off (with some enhanced specs)[/citation]

It's probably just hacked to read that if not just photo shopped. Look at the squares around the fonts... i know that jpeg compression can make things look like that too so who knows.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]jeraldjunkmail[/nom]HTC has been offering phones with these specs for over a year now. Apple sells antiquated hardware at hardball prices. I am not amused...[/citation]
I had 2 HTC phones before I got the iPhone.. The HTC phones dont even come close to the quality, functionality, or usability of the iPhone.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]Cryogenic[/nom]Whenever an iPhone discharges the user is forced to plug it in and then iTunes pops up with the latest "appz" (usually games, farting machines and alike), so I don't see why Apple would want it's customers to recharge less often, or maybe bigger batteries are more expensive and a company that sells overpriced phones can't afford them ...[/citation]
What are you talking about? iTunes never opens up when I plug my phone in.

rexoverbey

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2009
This does not go into very much detail IMO. Where is the type of CPU? The CPU in the iphone is already 600mhz clocked down. Does it have the upgraded PowerVR 2? Double the ram is good and double the storage is good. No higher res screen is kind of lame. The auto focus is good but the 3.2 megapixel would be a let down. I call this article bogus and until I hear an official anouncement I won't believe it. With those specs it would still outperform the Pre.

Here is what I expect the iphone 2009 to have.

OLED higher res screen, double the storage, 5 meagpixel camera, PowerVR 2 multicore, faster CPU, and better battery.

norbs

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
[citation][nom]blackened144[/nom]What are you talking about? iTunes never opens up when I plug my phone in.[/citation]
LOL, cracks me up, only people that never use the product talk bad about it. They want all these bells and whistles in their phone and all the newest tech, but it's never easy to use or useful.

I rather have simple and proven over super high tech.

st430

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2008
"What are you talking about? iTunes never opens up when I plug my phone in."
if you are running vista, when you plug your phone it..it will open up a window asking what to do with the drive or USB device...
when you link it by default to itune...that will open up itune every time you plug it in.
this screen could be fake or real. but the main point is if it's just a small upgrade like this...I am not going to pay another $xxx
just to get it 10-20% faster...the only exception is the memory is now up to 32G...which can hold more of my songs..but then again...how much would all that memory chip cost?
it's not like it's a 500G notebook harddrive for $100...
it's going to be expensive to have 32G memorys.

outacontrolpimp

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2008
[citation][nom]st430[/nom]it's going to be expensive to have 32G memorys.[/citation]

i can get a mini sd 8gb for $20, apple can get that for about $.50-1.50
8gb of flash (i know they dont put sd cards in it, im just saying)
is hardly expensive to them at all, they just want to charge you the $20 for it still.

lgpfortoms

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]Is that a bad thing? Don't forget for the guys in the US office, it's only 0910. Give them a chance.[/citation]
Tell me about it sometime!

alysdexia

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2009
[citation][nom]solymnar[/nom]For the most part. Any device that doesn't allow me to replace the battery...and wants me to pay some obnoxious fee to have someone else open a case and replace it...is a device I will not buy.That would be like buying a projector...and when the bulb goes bad, have to ship it in and pay 2x what the bulb is worth for someone else to open the case and screw it in.That and for me I like having longer battery life on a phone, especially for trips. My phone, camera, and sansa all have very long battery life. I don't need to worry about them going out on me and wearing down durring the day/night.So for the iphone its battery and replacement is just too ineficient of a notion for me to even consider. That said I'm happy for everyone who likes their gagets. To each their own.[/citation]

Each has no their. Retard, the replacement is free under warranty. Its battery will last 5–10 years; after that, the fee is for a whole new iPhone. So screw you.

Status
Not open for further replies.