Nextbook Ares 8 tablet wont turn on!

Stormy1616

Commendable
Jul 24, 2016
Hey all! I got this tablet about a couple of months ago and today, it was kind of jumpy acting so I turned the power off and turned it back on. Well, it won't turn back on! It just keeps saying Nextbook and trying to load =/ I tried holding the power button and volume button and it hasn't done anything thus far =/ it will charge, etc still. Has no cracks, scratches, etc! I have no idea why it will not work and would love for it to work again! What can I do?

Solution
Hmmm... Make sure you do it right, as the timing and being 'quick' in when you press the "Volume Down" is very important. It can take a few tries to get it right.

If it won't do that you may have to try and do a "Factory Reset". Unfortunately then you might lose a bit of data, not all, but some. There should be a pinhole somewhere on the tablet. Take something small, but not sharp (don't want to damage it), and depress that button. This should restart the device and do the reset.
It may be a problem with something you downloaded. Try the following and see if it allows the device to load. If it does, then there is something(s) on your tablet you need to remove to fix the issue.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Stormy1616

Commendable
Jul 24, 2016

I tried this, and it never stated safe mode on. Just went to the Nextbook loading screen where it looks like it is trying to power on but, is just loading.

Hmmm... Make sure you do it right, as the timing and being 'quick' in when you press the "Volume Down" is very important. It can take a few tries to get it right.

If it won't do that you may have to try and do a "Factory Reset". Unfortunately then you might lose a bit of data, not all, but some. There should be a pinhole somewhere on the tablet. Take something small, but not sharp (don't want to damage it), and depress that button. This should restart the device and do the reset.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS