Nexus 7 Now Supports Google Wallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
[citation][nom]Google Play[/nom]Sorry! Devices on Google Play is not available in your country yet.
We're working to bring devices to more countries as quickly as possible.
Please check back again soon.[/citation]

The day when Google dies can't come soon enough.

Osmin

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
I wouldn't mind the day I can leave my wallet at home and use my phone as a payment/identification system that replaces everything from my insurance card to my passport. Now don't forget your phone when you leave the house and don’t drop it or lose it!

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
Why stop there? Let's attach my SSN to my phone too that way I have every possible personal piece of info available to Google. I can imagine a future where we'll be standing in line awaiting for that slow, old lady to slide her debit card. Seriously granny, I could've been out of here 10 seconds sooner if it weren't for you.

Seriously, it doesn't take any less time to pull a phone out of your pocket than it does a debit card. If you're actually on your phone while in line, you're obnoxious. Everyone else in line hates you. The cashier especially hates you since they need to communicate with you during the transaction and you make that difficult by loudly telling your friend about the cute thing your dog did this morning. What, you think it's safer to leave your card at home? Great, I'll take your phone instead. Unlike the piece of plastic that constitutes your card, the phone has a real value on top of the wealth of valuable info contained within. Your billing address is used as a security check? Hope it isn't the same as your home address, which is probably listed under google maps, which is easily accessible on the phone I just stole from you.

G

I've been using contactless payment at gas stations, convenience stores and grocery stores for 7 years with my check card. What scams are you dopes talking about?

G

I think its premature to say this will take over so soon. Many businesses argue the fee's are higher and may balk at the new payment. I think we should have eliminated cash and checks a long time ago. Just think of the money saved by not printing and distributing money especially coin! People who still use checks drive me crazy because almost every retailer treats like your a forgery person when you write one. Get a debit card people!

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
[citation][nom]charles143[/nom]my classmate's mother-in-law makes $62 every hour on the internet. She has been out of a job for nine months but last month her check was $14484 just working on the internet for a few hours. Read more on this http://nyan.cat[/citation]
Do you think she'll be able to scam people and ruin their credit history, using them as money mules, any more effectively if she uses a Nexus 7? Just curious. Also, check your math, dumbass.

SK711G

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2007
[citation][nom]livebriand[/nom]Do you think she'll be able to scam people and ruin their credit history, using them as money mules, any more effectively if she uses a Nexus 7? Just curious. Also, check your math, dumbass.84[/citation]

its only 233 hrs a month, just 73hrs overtime assuming a 40hr work week, dont knock it, its just a "few hrs on the internet" :p

11796pcs

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
cash now rarely used
Yeah, right. Tell that to MILLIONS of people. Besides, last time I checked most people don't carry credit card readers on them so that you can make personal transactions with your credit card. As far as this actual technology, it seems sort of pointless and unnecessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.