Question Niche Laptop Purchase Advice (Questionnaire Filled Out)

Feb 2, 2022
1. What is your budget?
Prefer to spend less than $1,200USD

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
At least 14" - 15"

3. What screen resolution do you want?
At least 1920x1080

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Replacement laptop, with the caveat that I'd like to be able to play relatively recent AAA titles at mediumish resolution.

5. How much battery life do you need?
At least 5-6 hours

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
I have a PS5 that I primarily use for gaming, but there are some indie titles and even a couple of AAA titles that are PC exclusive. I've basically had to give up on my Steam library over the past few years because my laptop is so old, so it'd be nice to be able to play relatively recent AAA titles at mediumish resolution.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Not much; I don't do any editing. The only other uses besides occasional gaming are for D&D related tasks and general browsing.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
Doesn't matter to me.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Anything in the US.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
4 ish years.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Blu-ray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Would be nice to have, but I don't really need one.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
No real preference.

13. What country do you live in?
US

I've looked at ROG laptops but they don't have a webcam (which I need for D&D), and I've looked at mainstream laptops like the Specter x360, but I feel like with those I'm paying for features I don't want/need (e.g. 2-in-1 capability or touchscreen, which I never use)/

Thank you for your help!