• Check out all the best Amazon Prime Day deals 2021 here!

Nikon Coolpix L840 Not turning on

Vivi__

Estimable
Dec 12, 2015
So I just got the Nikon Coolpix L840 last month and it was working fine until the last two weeks. When I try to turn it on now, it only turns on probably 1/10 times. Sometimes it only takes a few tries, and sometimes I am trying to turn it on for hours.
I have tried to change the batteries multiple times, used different memory cards, and checked for a jam in the lens but no luck.
When I press the button, the green light lights up shortly so I believe the power is working correctly. Once The camera is turned on, I don't experience any other problems.
I am overseas longterm right now, so it's going to be a bit difficult for me to send it back to the company. Any solutions or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Vivi__

Estimable
Dec 12, 2015

I've cleaned out the terminals, and tried different batteries. It only seems to work for a short time (hour or so) before I run into the same problems.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I Digital Cameras 1
G Digital Cameras 1
R Digital Cameras 1
P Digital Cameras 1
G Digital Cameras 0
J Digital Cameras 1
J Digital Cameras 12
R Digital Cameras 2
D Digital Cameras 5
L Digital Cameras 1
G Digital Cameras 1