Nikon D70 Shutter Problem

hardwire calpe

Commendable
May 20, 2016
Nikon D70 Shutter Problem.
I have a Nikon d70 and for some reason the shutter will not work properly. I have to press the button twice to make it close.

bjornl

Estimable
You can send it in to any number of repair centers for an estimate. Given that it works at all, it should not be too costly. Alternately you can get something like a used d90 which would be a straight upgrade and can be had used for between 200 and 300.
Here is the link to authorized Nikon repair:
http://www.nikonusa.com/en/service-and-support/service-and-repair.page
There are un-authorized repair places too, which given the age of your camera represent a reasonable option since you don't have to worry about the warranty. Just google Nikon repair

hardwire calpe

Commendable
May 20, 2016

bjornl

Estimable
I don't remember the d70 well enough to be super specific. I was shooting a different brand at the time. My brother was shooting a d70 for years and he said he doesn't remember any setting which would cause the first shutter button to not actuate the shutter, But from my d90, remember that it had a re-set button.
But first go in to just the custom settings menu bank and clear all of those. If it is a setting, it should be hiding in there.

hardwire calpe

Commendable
May 20, 2016