Nikon S9100 Depleted Battery Message

Cinbad8

Estimable
Jun 17, 2015
Hi!
I have a Nikon S9100 that I'm having issues with. First it wouldn't charge so I purchased a new charger. That didn't work so purchased a new battery. Got that battery to charge and it turned on long enough to get all the settings set up then shut it off for future use. Went to turn back on the next morning and flashed a "battery depleted" warning and shut off. I haven't been able to get to turn back on since. I've already attempted taking out the battery and memory card fix that I've seen here on the forum to no avail. Any thoughts on this being fixable before tossing it.
Thanks so much!

Solution
To me it appears that there could be a Firmware glitch, or a circuitry problem causing a minute drain on the battery. Even when the insulation is marginal there could be a minute power drain; hard to isolate and identify.

Nikon USA has a Q & A feature and they have responded well to me in the past. You could refer this issue to them.
To me it appears that there could be a Firmware glitch, or a circuitry problem causing a minute drain on the battery. Even when the insulation is marginal there could be a minute power drain; hard to isolate and identify.

Nikon USA has a Q & A feature and they have responded well to me in the past. You could refer this issue to them.

Solution