Nintendo Announces Pink 3DS for December 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

wintermint

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009
I do appreciate releasing different colors. However, that's nothing new because Nintendo released various colors for their previous generations as well. I think they need to advertise to a different audience if they really want to do well. Nintendo games for both the Wii and DS are pretty much target toward kids. There should be more rated M games. It doesn't necessary have to be shooter... you just need to be creative :p

Thunderfox

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2006
It launched in black and blue. Even people who weren't waiting for pink may have been waiting for the most obvious color choice of all - white.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
I hope they didn't make too many of these. Let's face it the only sales this will generate is young girls and maybe the occasional adult female. Nor does every female no matter the age attracted to all things pink. Want to know why the 3DS lacks sales compared to the DS when it comes to the female consumers? Because of the lack of games aimed towards them. There are tons on the DS already. Or maybe women are just smarter than us men and didn't buy the damn thing.
Either way a pink one isn't going to magically solve the problem. If it were that easy there would be alternative pink boxes for every video-game ever made.

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
I was all against the 3DS but now they totally redeem themselves with a PINK MODEL!!!!!

This changes everything, I must have 2!!!!!

/sarcasm

G

As happy as I am that they finally announced that Pink will now be a color factor, I'm afraid that I have to agree that it won't help their prices very much. Unfortunately, they shot themselves in their proverbial feet when they revealed all the possible color selections. Consumers right away picked their favorites out of the possible 6 or 7 choices (of which pink wasn't one of them), then they only released two of these colors, followed by a third color. While some people will buy it regardless, many don't want to settle and will wait indefinitely for the color they want. So, unless they release all the colors together, they shouldn't expect too much of an increase in their sales.

G

I want one of these, and I will wait until Dec 10th for a pink one. I'm a 32 year old mom, btw ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.