Nintendo Attemps to Kill All R4 Revolutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_krasno

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
Nintendo betrayed the gaming community when they launched a series of crappy games for Wii for the "casual gamer" (an oxymoron in itself) and started crippling their own consoles to battle "piracy".

They deserve to be ripped off.

tektek

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
As long as theres overpriced games there will be hacks/cracks to make the console price to software ratio more realstic.. so no shocker here...
make games cheaper.. we'll all have less headaches.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
R4 has been dead for over a year. Nintendo needs to get over the "R4" term. Also if they kill off all the piracy devices they will still continually fill their consoles with shovelware and less and less first party support so that they can maximize their profit and minimize their R&D.

Has Nintendo ever heard of carts that aren't called R4? They don't ever specify that they use R4 as a generic term for all flash carts. I actually would appreciate it if they wiped out all the R4s because they are trash. There's better flash carts for the money. Plus rumor has it that Bung Enterprises is still in business cranking out these puppies. Wouldn't be surprised if they have a huge fake R4 clone plant somewhere in Guangzhou or Shenzhen.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Here is what I find ODD about the retailers selling a device for pirating games. Why? That only reduces their sales of legit software. If the R4 is useful for non-illegal activities (I don't know all what R4 does) such as custom home-brew software. Then I can see people wanting it for legit reasons.

But if I had a chain of stores. I wouldn't want to sell a $80 device that would allow my customer to pirate software and end up NOT buying 10~20 games at $40~60 each. Its a loss of long term profit.

$20 profit vs $100~200.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
Plus what about taking out the top piracy news sites such as gbatemp and ds-news? lol, let alone eurasia. Those places do have a slight amount of copywrighted content available for download. Wouldn't be too difficult to shut them down. No news, no forums. less people interested in widespread global piracy of your software. Nintendo just is not on the ball. Plus remember subport? Only reason why that site shut down was because the owner got too busy with other things. Nintendo never did anything lol. Used to be the largest nintendo handhelds piracy news site there was. Nintendo hires anti piracy people whom just collect a pay check, never need to worry about news of this nature if you are an entheusiast.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
[citation][nom]Belardo[/nom]Here is what I find ODD about the retailers selling a device for pirating games. Why? That only reduces their sales of legit software. If the R4 is useful for non-illegal activities (I don't know all what R4 does) such as custom home-brew software. Then I can see people wanting it for legit reasons.But if I had a chain of stores. I wouldn't want to sell a $80 device that would allow my customer to pirate software and end up NOT buying 10~20 games at $40~60 each. Its a loss of long term profit.$20 profit vs $100~200.[/citation]

Even though I'm going to get -100000 I disagree about the part for using the slot-1 for homebrew. Most people buy it to pirate games that is very obvious. Not that I am condoning not using it homebrew.

Also yeah I agree with the second part. It is also odd that there are sites selling a mix of legit or pirated video game carts as well as the slot-1 adapters that you can use to pirate games. They'd make a lot more selling individual pirated games. I guess maybe people buy those though seems a waste of money. Well I can see where say a store such as Gamestop wouldn't like the flash cart. I read on here a while ago that the mark up on computer game software is very large. So they might spend like about $15 on a game and resell it (brand new, not talking used ones here) for $35. If it's like that. A lot more profit in selling legit titles for sure. One flash cart costs about $8 now.

G

"what are you guys on its the same thing as mod chips and console softmods. there is a market for everything. no ones cares what damage it will do."
like crack, meth, politicians.etc

plasmastorm

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2008
Got a flash cart for my DS the same day I bought it. For me it's just handier having all my games on 1 cart (copied from originals) that carrying around 20+ carts.
To me it's like a cd multi changer in the boot of a car.

nachowarrior

Distinguished
May 28, 2007
I like the fact that these de\/ices are around simply for backup if no other reason. Ive never been big into handhelds since the gamegear though. But I wish i had one so i could ha\/e backed up my original ffii and chorono trigger snes games. :p

pythy

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
It's not just the cost issue that's causing all this pirating, it's the convenience of pirating as well. Imagine you could have all your favourite games all stored in a single cartridge rather than having to carry a backpack around just to store all the legit cartridges while you're on the move. If Nintendo can come up with a way to legally backup cartridges that you own and store all that into a single cartridge, I'll be the first in line to buy it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.