Nintendo Can Remotely Disable New 3DS System

Status
Not open for further replies.

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
i hope a hacker gets the code and bricks every single one of these devices remotely as they are activated by customers.

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
Waits for there to be a false positive or some other error and nintendo "mistakenly" bricks a few hundred thousand unmodded consoles.

aznguy0028

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2007
[citation][nom]FloKid[/nom]Who would want this piece of crap anyways. Sounds like Nintfago wants to take money from people just like Bill Fags.[/citation]
Already over 400,000 people in Japan with the 3DS sold out everywhere at launch? Your comment has to be one of the most retarded I've read in awhile, full of fan-boyism and poorly attempted bashing. Nice try troll.

adamboy64

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
I'm sure some homebrew software would disable this and/or the automatic system updates.
This 'approved SD card' thing is a bit concerning though - not exactly sure what that means at this stage.

neoverdugo

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2010
More brickin'?? Nintendo should stop doing this type of crap. Once a system is bought, the client can do whatever it want AT IT'S OWN RISK!! Until then the console is owned by the company. Instead using updates to "protect" its consoles like the fools of Sony, they SHOULD focus on building game consoles that surpasses the next gen consoles from its competitors and add games that are focused to the more mature and adult themed clientele cuz the kiddies/family clientele ain't enough. I want more bloodshed, more oral obscenities, more violent situation, more hoes to ***, more hood politics, more psycho thrillas, etc to the Nintendo Wii and beyond console. The best games for the themes that i like are in PC, Xbox360, PS3 and even in the psp and ds and many of them are multi platform.

hotelromeo

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2011
That's great since the only Nintendo users I know are 10 years old and younger, they only thing they hack is the cookie jar. Nintendo is irrelevant.

hotelromeo

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2011
[citation][nom]f-14[/nom]i hope a hacker gets the code and bricks every single one of these devices remotely as they are activated by customers.[/citation]

Be sure to thank Geohot next time anyone visits him in prison.

Immoral Medic

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2010
So don't allow your 3ds onto any wireless networks. Easy fix. Either that or people start hacking the firmware through a homebrew route like what they do for new Wii updates that block/remove any hacks. It's just another thing to hack. No real threat to pirates here :p

hotelromeo

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2011
[citation][nom]silky salamandr[/nom]Yet again people, we dont own anything. Were just leasing equipment. The PS3 witch hunt and now this. Boy the future of gaming...[/citation]

Yes, thank you all you punk scumbagz idiots who have nothing better to do in your parent's basements than set up a P2P Hacker Club. Can I get a Geohot rant?

hotelromeo

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2011
[citation][nom]neoverdugo[/nom]More brickin'?? Nintendo should stop doing this type of crap. Once a system is bought, the client can do whatever it want AT IT'S OWN RISK!! Until then the console is owned by the company. Instead using updates to "protect" its consoles like the fools of Sony, they SHOULD focus on building game consoles that surpasses the next gen consoles from its competitors and add games that are focused to the more mature and adult themed clientele cuz the kiddies/family clientele ain't enough. I want more bloodshed, more oral obscenities, more violent situation, more hoes to ***, more hood politics, more psycho thrillas, etc to the Nintendo Wii and beyond console. The best games for the themes that i like are in PC, Xbox360, PS3 and even in the psp and ds and many of them are multi platform.[/citation]

So...the first thing you do when you buy a new car is void your warranty, right? Great advice.

hotelromeo

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2011
[citation][nom]mayankleoboy1[/nom]nintendo+hackers= happy customer.[/citation]

Good luck, let us know how that brick thing works.

sephirothmk

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2010
[citation][nom]mayankleoboy1[/nom]nintendo+hackers= happy customer.[/citation]

No, but the car doesn't magically BRICK when you install a bigger exaust, remove the limiter, get new pimpy rims and some neon lights.

If these shitty companies proceed to enforce their silly ways of saying: "You buy our product, but we still own it", who knows what might happen to the world industry as a whole. This isn't about piracy, heck this isn't even about Sony and Nintendo, they are small fish. What happens when EVERY company that sells products does this and doesn't get punished? "Ok, you buy that ketchup from us for use on a hamburger, but if you put it over a chickenburger, the ketchup has a kill switch that makes it turn into piss in your mouth"

Raid3r

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
Choose your sides people...that's all that matters..your either in for corp control or out..that's it. Each new system is coming with more absurdity..I'm on the out side, you?

Status
Not open for further replies.