Nintendo Chief Writes to 3DS Early Adopters

Status
Not open for further replies.

drwho1

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
I'm pretty sure that this was posted already here as "news" on tomshardware.

So why is this then "re worded" to appear as "new"?

hoofhearted

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
20 old games. Yippee. Glad I didn't buy this thing. I'll just wait until Christmas when they have to reduce the price again to compete with Sony. I would bet there are going to be alot more games for iphone and android come Christmas as well.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
Well, I meant to link a Penny Arcade strip, but I failed miserably.
215168616_HJF9x-L-2.jpg

xenol

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
People say Nintendo is like the Apple of consoles.

Except I never see Apple give out free stuff to early adopters when they change something. Like releasing a new line of computers before releasing their next OS version, and tell people "tough, cough up the money and upgrade".

doomtomb

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
[citation][nom]xenol[/nom]People say Nintendo is like the Apple of consoles.Except I never see Apple give out free stuff to early adopters when they change something. Like releasing a new line of computers before releasing their next OS version, and tell people "tough, cough up the money and upgrade".[/citation]
I agree that what Nintendo did is very cordial and appropriate for the situation but then your digression that Apple "releases a new line of computers before releasing their next OS version" is completely false.

The new Macbook Airs were specifically held back so that they would have the newest OS installed on them free of charge. They also gave all their users free upgrades to the OS for systems sold on June 6th and after, which was the day it was announced that OS X Lion would be released in July. So actually they DO give out stuff for free, your example couldn't be further from the truth.

MxM

Distinguished
May 23, 2005
@xenol
When they dropped price for iPhone 1 from $600 to $450 (or something like this) in about 3 month, they gave $100 gift cards to everyone who paid $600 iPhone.

G

The nes and gba are free to download on the internet, you only need the flash card to put'em on!! what's the offer then!? I want a 100 dollars bonus to buy anything at the store!

neokaer

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
[citation][nom]chimi[/nom]The nes and gba are free to download on the internet, you only need the flash card to put'em on!! what's the offer then!?...[/citation]
They are letting you do it legally.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
@doomtomb and xenol : I have mixed feelings about your example. As far as I know, Apple usually let their customer benefit from a change 30 days after their purchase (software update, price drop, etc.). And they certainly don't warn customers of imminent technology changes.

In this particular case, Nintendo gives compensation to 3DS buyers almost 5 months after their purchase. They could easily have compensated only the people who bought a 3DS in the past 30 days.

rnaoncfixd

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2009
[citation][nom]xenol[/nom]People say Nintendo is like the Apple of consoles.Except I never see Apple give out free stuff to early adopters when they change something. Like releasing a new line of computers before releasing their next OS version, and tell people "tough, cough up the money and upgrade".doomtomb & [/citation]

Don't forget that when the time that Apple reimbursed every iPhone owner with 100 bucks for when the iPhone dropped in price abruptly, back in 2007. http://www.infoworld.com/t/networking/apple-issue-100-credit-iphone-buyers-106

To be more accurate and more on topic, I feel that this is a great move on Nintendo's part. Sony offered the same sort of deal when the hackers brought down their network and I was fairly satisfied with all the things they offered me. I don't have a 3DS, but hopefully this will appease those that had qualms with the price drop.

G

what is with all you people and apple. what the hell does nintendo have to do with apple. Someone needs to shoot steve jobs so i dont have to listen to it anymore.

hetneo

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
[citation][nom]drwho1[/nom]I'm pretty sure that this was posted already here as "news" on tomshardware.So why is this then "re worded" to appear as "new"?[/citation]
This article is about Satoru's open letter, not the price cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.