Nintendo Department Opens in Toys "R" Us NYC Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

No, gaming is going to evolve, even if MS and Sony both dropped out of the next generation of consoles, software would be developed for the "hard core" crowd, just maybe not as much.

G

Modernized "World of Nintendo" [circa late eighties] anyone? I remember taking the slip for the game you wanted to a part of the store where the person would give you your shiny new "Game Pak"...

mdillenbeck

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
Death of gaming? No, more like the re-emergence of gaming from the hard-core niche os PS/X-Box/PC back into the mainstream commercial market.

Personally, I am impressed with Nintendo - from a "cheap toy" manufacturer to the maker of the NES/SNES, and now getting back to its "gaming for everyone" roots with the Wii - they are a company that knows how to make a product that will appeal to the general consumer market.

If you are a hard core gamer, don't panic - unless your hard-core system manufacturer decides it needs to emulate Nintendo and chooses to dumb down their games to appeal to a broader market. The only companies that would abandon their niche markets to make greater profit are those evil greedy ones... doh! Panic.

Oh well, at least the PS3 is still hands-down the most cost effective(price/performance) BD player on the market that I know of...

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]khas[/nom]No, gaming is going to evolve, even if MS and Sony both dropped out of the next generation of consoles, software would be developed for the "hard core" crowd, just maybe not as much.[/citation]
Surprising how you didn't understand what I said.

[citation][nom]MDillenbeck[/nom]Death of gaming? No, more like the re-emergence of gaming from the hard-core niche os PS/X-Box/PC back into the mainstream commercial market.[/citation]
Where did anyone say anything about the Death of gaming?

So the loyal hardcore market, that has been the life blood of the market, is being screwed because now they've been milked of all the sustenance they can give?

The whole idea of elevating the down market is bullshit. Not everyone will make it, and if there is a market people will still make bullshit for them. If these people are too stupid to see a good thing right in front of their faces, they shouldn't have the privilege of playing anything.

G

Tindytim : I agree with you in one thing:
"If these people are too stupid to see a good thing right in front of their faces, they shouldn't have the privilege of playing anything."

Though considering I love how nintendo is shaping up the market you would probably enter into the "stupid" people crowd.

Consider that I used to play a 30-40 hours a week until about a couple of months ago, I can consider myself pretty "hardcore". Games stopped being good when people started being elitists and forgot about enjoying them.

Status
Not open for further replies.