Nintendo DSi, DS Lite Rule Console Sales for May

Status
Not open for further replies.

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
It's good to see the Wii beginning to wane.

Everyone seems upset with Sony about the PS3, but it's still selling enough to maintain critical mass, and it's a very good deal. Dropping price for them is difficult.

Why is it no one gets on Nintendo for selling a piece of crap for $250? Clearly, they are no longer supply constrained, and their sales are dipping appreciably. On top of this, they sell the Wii at a very large profit, and can easily drop the price down to $199 and still make a lot of money. My feeling is, they'll have to soon, with the sales starting to decay. I often think they should never have increased supply too much; staying in perpetual short supply was almost a guarantee to maintain very strong demand as everyone wants what they can't have, or can't easily have. Now that the Wii is easy to get, it's lost a bit of that attraction.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
[citation][nom]tayb[/nom]Only if you bought about 1,800 shares and sold it in December of 2007. It has dropped about 320 points since then.[/citation]

I'm sure stock in Nintendo in its very young days would have been dirt cheap. 1,800 shares would have been nothing compared to what 1,800 shares would cost now.

I'm no fan of the Wii and handhelds don't interest me but damn do I wish I could have predicted their success.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
PSP and Xbox own, fuck the DS.

PSP title:
God of War

NDS title:
Nintendogs

I wonder, which has sold betterÉ
I`ll buy a razor blade for my wrist before nintendogs...

Hatecrime69

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2008
[citation][nom]anamaniac[/nom]PSP and Xbox own, fuck the DS.PSP title:God of WarNDS title:Nintendogs...I wonder, which has sold betterÉI`ll buy a razor blade for my wrist before nintendogs...[/citation]

There's far better choices for the ds and you know it

TurinX

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2008
To put some numbers on to the Nintendo share price story - From 1985 to end 2004 the stock increased ~ 300% (Fro reference, the S&P 500 increased ~600%)

However, if you had bought them at the beginning of 05, they increased by ~ 500% to October 2007 (their high)... having now fallen ~65% since then.
You would still however have doubled your money had you held onto them from 05 till present (up just over 100%)

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
ummm who else noticed one flaw in this article ... that being that teh DS IS NOT A CONSOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! god damn i get pissed at reading stupid by lines , the DS is a hand held gaming device to say it "rules in console sales" is A: wrong because it is not aconsole. B: stupid because it is not a console and C: misinformation becuase .... (drumroll) it's not a freaking console

this is like apples and oragnes you might as well throw cell phones and PC's into the figures since you can play games on them too ! , eh this is just terrible writing . again it's nota consoel so there for it CAN'T rule in console sales ... it can beat sales of consoles , but it is NOT the top selling console because it is not a console, period!

G

I like the Nintendo DSi. I am proud that a portable console is out selling those expensive, wired, bigger brother consoles.

The Nintendo DSI is a definite improvement over the older Nintendo DS because it has bigger dual screens and two integrated 640x480 cameras.

You will also like the integrated web browser because the touch screen and dual screens allow you to surf faster than on the Sony PSP.

http://www.epinions.com/review/Nintendo_DSi_Black_Console/content_471199485572

Status
Not open for further replies.