Nintendo: 'Jaws Will Drop' With Next Console

Status
Not open for further replies.

screechy

Distinguished
May 25, 2009
I don't care what you do Nintendo. Just give me HD and give me Zelda and Metroid and Mario. I'm tired of having to use dolphin.

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
RELYING SOLELY ON FIRST PARTY GAMES, WE WILL CREATE A MOTION CONTROLLED SYSTEM WITH THE PROCESSING POWER OF THE PS2! MUAHAHAHAHA THE WORLD IS OURS!!!1!

TunaSoda

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2005
Why is that? Are they actually going to produce a new console for a change? Not just stick a gamecube into another shell again?

G

"We have never done what others have...."

And there is your problem in the new generation. As an owner of both the PS3 and Xbox 360 there are things I consider non-negotiable when purchasing a new system.

1.) Internal HDD of decent capacity
2.) Internal Wi-Fi access (I have the Xbox slim to clarify)
3.) GPU processor and RAM that can more or less kick out next gen look and feel with HD 1080 resolution

I never bought a Wii and dont plan to. Unless the next Nintendo has something like the above specs, I wont buy into whatver they claim will "drop my jaw"

maloney

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2010
[citation][nom]TunaSoda[/nom]Why is that? Are they actually going to produce a new console for a change? Not just stick a gamecube into another shell again?[/citation]

Not a fan of backwards compatibility? Lots of people actually liked playing previous PS1 generation games on the PS2. Why buy a new controller if the gamecube controller was compatible when needed?

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
Its a magically machine that will make your money disappear...and then your jaw will drop when wonder why you paid so much for it.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Should be good. The hardware in the Wii left a lot to be desired graphically, but the inclusion of motion-controls from the start catapulted the console into a "family gaming" machine, where XBox and PS3 were left as more "hardcore gamer" machines, with their traditional controls and highly-priced hardware.

Nintendo survived Atari, Sega, Sony, and Microsoft by innovating both with the console and the content (not ONE of those competitors could have created a franchise as insanely successful as Pokemon, they just don't have it in them). They'll survive Apple and Google too (those aren't gaming platforms, they're phones and mp3 players that happen to play games). PCs didn't kill off consoles (heck, lots of people are still touting that consoles will kill off PC gaming). Besides, with the next Gameboy, you won't have AT&T/Verizon telling you what apps you can download or how much data they can consume (hopefully).

erloas

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2007
They're going to shock everyone by doing what no one expects them to do this time... release another underpowered console that relies on Mario to survive.
Because clearly they aren't going to surprise many people if they launch a console with HD graphics, and 3d is practically an expectation with the new generation.

one-shot

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
[citation][nom]screechy[/nom]I don't care what you do Nintendo. Just give me HD and give me Zelda and Metroid and Mario. I'm tired of having to use dolphin.[/citation]

Legend of Zelda: Link to The Past FTW

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
I was wondering who would be first to jump on the bandwagon in announcing a next gen console (instead of just a redesign). Hopefully they'll really push the envelope with graphics and CPU, while refining the motion sense technology take makes the Wii so appealing.

orionantares

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2010
[citation][nom]trialsking[/nom]Its a magically machine that will make your money disappear...and then your jaw will drop when wonder why you paid so much for it.[/citation]

We aren't talking about Sony here...

G

can we move away from physical media and have a Games store like steam where we can download games to a central location (like a NAS) and access that through a network/internet connection (which would allow me to access my game collection from anywhere in the world, maybe even on a mobile gaming device...) or at least use space friendlier media like micro SD card or even usb flash sticks which also has superior access times ( the damn games already cost on odds $50 anyways so give me something worth paying $50 for)

nforce4max

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
[citation][nom]trialsking[/nom]Its a magically machine that will make your money disappear...and then your jaw will drop when wonder why you paid so much for it.[/citation]

Hey its just like a boat, a hole in the water that you put your money into.

someguynamedmatt

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010
Hmm... I was personally expecting Nintendo to tell us that "We won't really be impressed with the next Nintendo console. Shocker. I'm amazed at how much change marketing trends have gone through these days.

[/sarcasm]

Status
Not open for further replies.