Nintendo: No Wii Price Cut, Sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tacoslave

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
fuck nintendo i run all there games on emulators just because a wii costs them no more than 30 dollars to make and yet they charge us 200 for 10 year old tech.

reprotected

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
[citation][nom]tacoslave[/nom]fuck nintendo i run all there games on emulators just because a wii costs them no more than 30 dollars to make and yet they charge us 200 for 10 year old tech.[/citation]
But surely their games are pretty good since you play em on the emulator :D Play Kirby's Epic Yarn with AA enabled, it's like PS3 graphics, no joke.

chriskrum

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
CEO and marketing 101. Don't announce an upcoming price cut or even hint that one might be coming. It completely undermines current sales as customers will wait.

There's no story here as it's not conceivable that he would answer differently even if there was a massive price cut coming tomorrow.

N19h7M4r3

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2008
I say it will probably come down a bit, to like 175. Think about it... if word came out that before Christmas Nintendo would lower the prices, pretty much no one would buy one until it did... less cash for Nintendo... I'm pretty sure it will come down this year again... specially with move and kinect. Its just a matter of how much.

fjjb

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
this will end in stores burring wiis on the back, at least if sales dont go well at least plants will have its nutrients..... what was the wii made of?

mman74

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
[citation][nom]reprotected[/nom]But surely their games are pretty good since you play em on the emulator Play Kirby's Epic Yarn with AA enabled, it's like PS3 graphics, no joke.[/citation]

I am too busy playing games like Killzone 2, Modern Warfare & Black Ops when it comes out later this week. You mean I can play games like these with this level of graphics and gameplay intensity on the Wii?

Haserath

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
If there were ANY decent third party games, than the Wii might be a better console...Nintendo can only come up with so many games so fast.

G

It's about the time in a consoles life cycle that they should be dropping the price .
The fact that their not tells me Nintendo's next console is a lot farther away than what is thought.

Although from a value stand point the Wii is not that bad. Considering the emulators, and the configurable usb loader.

G

I see deals online all the time for $150-$160 seasonal Wii bundles. The price probably won't go much lower until the next generation is released.

duk3

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
Intensity of graphics =/= MW2
The guns, people look nice but textures for everything else are not great

jazn1337

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010
If they drop the Wii to something like $149 they'd actually end up competing with themselves at that price point. Maybe they'll drop it to something like 175.

adamboy64

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
Yes, the Wii over in Aus had a $100 price drop recently. Which was the same movement as your price drop, just took a while to make it over here.

Wii's are pretty darn cheap - mind you they need to be with the other consoles cutting prices like they have.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
It's not all about AAA titles like MW2

In my opinion one of the best titles for the Xbox is 'Splosion Man, the gameplay is out of this world and is brilliant for having the guys over and a gamefest, but the graphics aren't the best and is still only a 2D scrolling platform.

The Wii could handle graphics like that no problem and already does, so rolling out the same sad old excuse of "The Wii can't do MW2 so it's rubbish" just doesn't hold water.

Maybe if I told the same Xbox user that he couldn't run his game at 2560x1600 or at 100fps his console is a joke compared to my PC he would agree with me? Of course not. Simple fanboiism at it's best. The Wii has carved out a market and not just a niche market, it has appealed to the wider majority that exist beyond the teenager/geek 1337 console tard model to the millions and millions that just want to play fun games.

The fanbois always point out the worst Wii game that can find to compare it against the best Xbox game to highlight their point, whilst ignoring the huge array of absolute stinkers that exist for the Xbox and the fantastic titles for the Wii - so let's do just that:-

Xbox 360 - Leisure Suit Larry : Box Office Bust
Wii - Tatsunoko VS Capcom : Ultimate All-Stars

On that basis I can easily say that the Wii is better than the Xbox 360, but Nintendo hasn't got into a pissing contest with the other consoles on trying to appeal to the testosterone and hormones market, they have a solid market of fun, family oriented games that extend to all sectors of the market and therefore have totally side-swiped the competition.

Microsoft and Sony know that they have missed the boat otherwise they would not have invested in motion controllers, the 1337 gamers will still play shooters but the market will extend and they will become increasingly outnumbered and viewed as a minority in good time.

Status
Not open for further replies.