Nintendo Reveals New Wii Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
"Scheduled sales date: This summer"

Wonder how long it would take Nintendo to bring this to North America. Knowing them, it would probably take half a year. (hint, DSi)

Silluete

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2009
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]"Scheduled sales date: This summer"Wonder how long it would take Nintendo to bring this to North America. Knowing them, it would probably take half a year. (hint, DSi)[/citation]
lol , That's just how the japanese treat they customer, they prioritize they market first then go for overseas, I never hear japanese company release product outside they country and didn't get bashed in they country.

seboj

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
[citation][nom]firemage[/nom]looks like a SNES controller with legs and analog sticks -G[/citation]

Sounds like a PS2 controller to me.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]firemage[/nom]Looks like a ps2 controller? looks like a SNES controller with legs and analog sticks-G[/citation]
Dur. The original playstation controller was just a SNES controller with two extra shoulder buttons. The playstation was originally a joint venture between Nintendo and Sony to create a CD add-on to the SNES. After Nintendo backed out, Sony developed an independent console.

The Dualshock (the 3rd Playstation controller to be released) just added force feedback and analog sticks.

descendency

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
If they'd switch the left stick and the d-pad, it could be a 360 controller substitute. It'd be almost identical. Worst DPad ever, mediocre triggers and awkward buttons. Good for: Shooters (except the wii doesn't have shooters and this only works on classic games/brawl).

ailgatrat

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
[citation][nom]Tekkamanraiden[/nom]Yet another Nintendo accessory.[/citation]

It's just an upgrade. I wonder if they've got any improvements planned for the Wii Remote?

pharge

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
[citation][nom]Silluete[/nom]lol , That's just how the japanese treat they customer, they prioritize they market first then go for overseas, I never hear japanese company release product outside they country and didn't get bashed in they country.[/citation]

Well, some business just prefer to focus on their home market first. Though we do not get new stuffs from Sony first, we do/did get our iphone way earlier than rest of the world. However, it is true that a lot of Japanese companies, specially those first titer comanies, tend to keep the best stuffs for Japanese market first. Base on my and many of my friends' personal experience, if you are really looking for something new, cool, and special when you are traveling in Japan, avoid the section/shop carring the "international" version (unkess you have too.. like the voltage problem (their voltage is 100V instead 110v)). That's how my friend got his Sony special Edition slot-in CD walkman at least 1 year ahead of the US market (and only half of the price ;) ) years ago.

crimsondynamics

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2008
This controller is probably being released now to make it in time for the release of Monster Hunter 3. I wouldn't be surprised if MH3 offered this controller bundled with the game.

pochacco007

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2008
it's the same controller as a classic controller. the only difference is that the inner shoulder buttons on the classic controller is now parallel to the outer shoulder buttons. and of course the wings added for, possibly, confort and stability.

the redesign maybe used for accompanying the capcom game to be released for wii this year, monster hunter tri. maybe what nintendo is doing is trying to develope a peripheral that will make ps2 controller users more accustomed to the wii's control to accompany them for playing the game.

G

I believe this has to do with them getting sued by some Patent shark idiot, who won, and made it so they had to take the Classic controller off the market and make a new one.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]falchard[/nom]Nintendo re-affirmed Sony's 2005 claim that they have the best controller design.[/citation]
Of course it is, it's based off of their design.

eccentric909

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
I love the XBox 360 controller, except for the terrible d-pad, although I found on the red controller the D-pad was a bit better. However, the 360 controller bothers my carpal tunnel strained wrists the least out of the 3 controllers available for this generation's consoles. Sony's isn't too bad, but I prefer the sticks to be staggered, rather then next to each other and the current Nintendo Classic Controller is just .. ouch .. after a short while.

I miss the Logitech wirless controllers from last generation.. those things were so damn nice, no matter which system you bought it for (PS2 or 360).

captaincharisma

Distinguished
Nintendo had no choice but to make this. there in a patent dispute over the original classic controller. as for controller im more for the styles of the playstation and snes like controller like the classic controller. never did like the big clunky controllers like the xbox or gamecube

Status
Not open for further replies.