Nintendo Sold 1.5 Million Systems Last Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerreece

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2006
Nintendo is the cheap gaming system. For parents that want to give their kids a gaming system for Christmas, it seems like the obvious choice.

XBOX360 and PS3 will sell to those who are more serious gamers, or have 'older' kids. Nintendo is playing the same game that AMD is playing if you think about it. It does the job, and isn't the fastest in the world, but it's a lot more competitively priced. So they win a lot.

Until they realize that the graphics are outdated and almost all of the games are childish. Not to mention the effect on a brand new tv. I suppose for some its great; however, severely over-hyped.

The only reason AMD is playing that game right now is because of the C2D and newer processors released by intel. Back in the p4 days things were different. As for "alot more competively priced" .. I wouldnt go that far. C2Ds (and ps3/xbox360s) arent that much more

Manos

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
I more or less agree with the above comments but I have a complain.. I hate the fact that Nintendo left me and whoever else like me on the outside. What i mean is that they never thought of the ones that along the years of gaming, a lot of us that did grow fond and loved most Marions back in the days, werent willing and didnt chose to be so outdated graphically and/or also wanted to enjoy the new gen of hardcore gaming, allong with the stunning visuals, even though we would like to be capable to play Marions and Zeldas etc on our console..

Anyhow, Now a lot like me didnt want to just buy a damn Wii just for a couple of franchises that Id love to play no more than a couple of runs, or some not capable in general due to financial reasons. Its just sad that Nintendo chose a one way path keeping people out of it.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
I don't care what anyone says.. the Nintendo Wii is surely a legitimate, worthy gaming system. It actually comes through on some of my wishes, like making the MOST of older hardware. I truly believe that with the INSANE graphical hardware most systems and computers house in this day and age that we could have some really, really, I mean REALLY intense games. Way better than what is being offered. Go Nintendo. Thank GOD no one can pirate your games. Or can they? I really don't know. Wait, does anyone WANT to pirate Nintendo games? Probably not.

http://professionalmike.com

Manos

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
[citation][nom]mlopinto2k1[/nom]I don't care what anyone says.. the Nintendo Wii is surely a legitimate, worthy gaming system. It actually comes through on some of my wishes, like making the MOST of older hardware. I truly believe that with the INSANE graphical hardware most systems and computers house in this day and age that we could have some really, really, I mean REALLY intense games. Way better than what is being offered.[/citation]

noone said its not worth system. Its just a console that is aiming at way more narrowed audience and gamers ignoring fully more the "needy" ones for more than casual gaming. So it makes it hard to keep in a livingroom when you dont use it.. As simple as that. And btw you are also wrong on th last half of your topic.
[citation][nom]mlopinto2k1[/nom]Go Nintendo. Thank GOD no one can pirate your games. Or can they? I really don't know. Wait, does anyone WANT to pirate Nintendo games? Probably not.[/citation]
Answer: yes and yes. Easily done so as well. All of them in torrents.

P.S. There is nothing professional pasting another website's link on your posts on forums of other sites.

warmon6

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
[citation][nom]ssddx[/nom]Until they realize that the graphics are outdated and almost all of the games are childish. Not to mention the effect on a brand new tv. I suppose for some its great; however, severely over-hyped.The only reason AMD is playing that game right now is because of the C2D and newer processors released by intel. Back in the p4 days things were different. As for "alot more competively priced" .. I wouldnt go that far. C2Ds (and ps3/xbox360s) arent that much more[/citation]

And to the PC standards, even the Mighty PS3 graphics are outdated (it almost or equal to the pc's Geforce 7900GTX).

Also the Wii was not meant to be a hard core gaming system like the ps3 so the game will be different.

if you cant understand who the game system was targeted for then down post dump comments like this :p

PS3: Hard core gamers
360: Hard core gamers
Wii: casual/new gamers

cloudberry

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2009
Astounding. The news post doesn't even mention the competition, and yet we've already got proselytizing fanboys out the yin-yang.

sciggy

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2008
Have you "hardcore" gamers ever thought that perhaps you are in the minority? Obviously someone is buying the Wii or it wouldn't be outselling your precious PS3 and Xbox. Just because you have a louder voice than the millions of people that have purchased a Wii, it doesn't mean that you are right and they are wrong.

millerm84

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2009
As a former hard core gamer (family life cuts gaming time deep) I swore off console "gaming" the first time I played Doom for the PC. But the Wii I bought my wife for her birthday could not be more fun to play. Sure I'd love to see more "hard core" titles but the system is damn fun I've played all the next gen systems none compare to my PC but the Wii doesn't annoy the crap out of me.

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
Yeah, I hate hearing about "hardcore" gamers. That's such BS. And then PC gamers will start saying how all console gamers are casual gamers in comparison. There's hardcore and casual games on all three systems. And I challenge anyone's definition of "hardcore" versus "casual." What would a hardcore game be? Halo? Anyone could play it given an hour of playing. Metal Gear Solid? It's an interactive movie with some gameplay thrown in and very liberal continues. Neither are what I'd call "hardcore." Madden NFL? Hardcore for 12 year old girls maybe, since that's what their soundtracks are geared towards. Or does hardcore mean something more obscure like Dragon Age or Demon's Souls, which is basically a more realistic-looking Zelda.

And I'm guessing Zelda and Mario are no longer hardcore games? They're challenging and fun. And Wii controls are supposedly more casual than using a controller?

Just because the Wii has lots of party games, I guess that makes it casual. And people say that like it's a bad thing. People want to play the Wii because it's fun, especially with friends and family. If you live alone, you're probably not going to get a lot of mileage out of it. But if you're a true "hardcore" gamer, then you'd still respect games like Zelda and Mario and play those in addition to whatever else you play. Instead, people throw around terms like hardcore and casual with an air of superiority when really they're just ignorant fanboys who refuse to look outside the small world of their gaming console because they might kill themselves if they can no longer justify spending $400 on a console.

Graphics aren't everything, and people who complain about the Wii controls are probably the same people who say who awesome Natal will be. There's no denying that Nintendo knows how to make pretty much anything FUN. And that's all a game really needs to be is FUN. If there's one bad mark on the Wii, it's the shovelware crap that 3rd party companies make. But there are lots of great titles too, just like any other system. The Wii just seems to have more of it because it's easier to develop on and it has the greatest marketshare.

master9716

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2006
C++ PROGRAMERS LISTEN UP!!!

I got your Wii rigth here . 60+fps with lots of games with recent version using D3d. More programers Needed so join up.

http://www.dolphin-emu.com/news.php

Nintendo said recently that they wont support higher resolutions so we get to play this wii emulator wich is excelent and also plays gamecube games at full speed .

Nintendo is selling to many consoles with to many crapy games and low support they just care about getting new addons out there.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]manos[/nom]noone said its not worth system. Its just a console that is aiming at way more narrowed audience and gamers ignoring fully more the "needy" ones for more than casual gaming. So it makes it hard to keep in a livingroom when you dont use it.. As simple as that. And btw you are also wrong on th last half of your topic.Answer: yes and yes. Easily done so as well. All of them in torrents.P.S. There is nothing professional pasting another website's link on your posts on forums of other sites.[/citation]Why don't you put your advice to good use and practice what you preach. Show me an example of something YOU have done that is "professional" so that I may follow in your footsteps. Maybe then I'll take a step back and say, "Man, that guy was right". Until then, keep it to yourself. As for everything else you said, fine with me.

megamanx00

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
It's all about the games, and the Wii has a few that are fun to play alone as well as with friends. That's why the XBOX 360 is currently being marketed as being family friendly rather than just targeting serious gamers. I think that Nintendo made the right call to win this generation, particularly from a financial point of view.

As for me, I'd rather spend that $199 upgrading my PC :D

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]megamanx00[/nom]It's all about the games, and the Wii has a few that are fun to play alone as well as with friends. That's why the XBOX 360 is currently being marketed as being family friendly rather than just targeting serious gamers. I think that Nintendo made the right call to win this generation, particularly from a financial point of view.As for me, I'd rather spend that $199 upgrading my PC[/citation]You and me BOTH. I need a new motherboard. I purchased the Intel DP35DP with a Q6600 aiming for stability and soon realize that I have the G0 stepping edition of the CPU and now I wan't to overclock it. Well, so much for THAT!

Amazing how basically the lowest tech stuff sells the most. Not saying there is anything wrong with Nintendo, but in comparison to MS and Sony, the Wii and such really do not have the latest and greatest.

Status
Not open for further replies.