Nintendo Wants ''It's On Like Donkey Kong'' TM

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalrazoe

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2009
Open Letter to Nintendo:
Dear Nintendo....
No, you cant have the phrase "It's on Like Donkey Kong".
Thank you ..
Sincerely,
The people that play Donkey Kong. (It's on! YO!)

rhino13

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
I think Nintendo should have to pay royalties to Ice Cube for this phrase.
It's like free advertising.
And lets face it Nintendo doesn't have a competitive console right now so they better have some good advertising.

xantek24

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2009
how about this one: "Let's go like Mario bros." (yes i just came up with that) Nintendo gotta go back to the tm office for that or pay my royalties :)

georgewill

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
This is most ridiculous patent request a corporation has ever come up with. The phrase has become ingrained within popular culture to the extent that it would be inappropriate to limit its legal usage to the discretion of a single entity.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
This phrase is not stupid. It is a very popular social phrase and the urban dictionary is dead accurate for it's description. I know, when I say, "It's on like Donkey Kong".. it means I mean business. The term is used because Donkey Kong is a big bad ass mother fu**er.

Albyint

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
Is this anything like Paris Hilton's "That's Hot" or w/e?

Why would nintendo even RISK the negative impact that could have?

MxM

Distinguished
May 23, 2005
[citation][nom]georgewill[/nom]This is most ridiculous patent request [/citation]
Trademark, not patent.
And it is not most stupid either. Some companies tried to trademark colors...

Khimera2000

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
how can you trademark a phrase thats already imbeaded in pop culture? Its like when paris hilton trademarked "thats hot". the words are already used in every day conversation (maybe not as much as it use to be), and it showes no creativity.

I would say that before any thing is trademarked these people should see if its already imbeaded in POP culture, if it is these request should be thrown out the window.

Kryan

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
Scott Pilgrim vs The World (epic movie) used the phrase in its trailers....and it was cool. trademark this phrase and I'll file for the patent in which sperm enters an ovary. yes, that way EVERYONE would owe me.

lame Nintendo. go play with your wii wii

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
[citation][nom]rhino13[/nom]I think Nintendo should have to pay royalties to Ice Cube for this phrase.It's like free advertising.And lets face it Nintendo doesn't have a competitive console right now so they better have some good advertising.[/citation]

Last time I checked. the Wii is still number one, just because you don't like it doesn't make it uncompetitive. I enjoy playing on the wii.

pythy

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
I can't believe Nintendo is following what Apple was doing before by trademarking the term "There's an app for that"

Status
Not open for further replies.