Nintendo: We're Not Releasing a Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Of course they wouldn't release a phone. 1st, they restricted their gaming network so that children could play, if they gave the device the ability to place calls the parents would have to worry about who their kids are talking to, and so the parents wouldn't even get the new device. 2nd, a phone would eat into their portable gaming device offerings, then again, they've pretty much saturated the market anyway.

The Schnoz

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2008
Yeah, Nintendo can't release a phone they need to protect the kids. I mean sure the built in cameras allow sexting, but who wants to take a picture of their genitals on the DSi when the built in photo editor allows you to make them looked deformed. Now thats a commercial I'd like to see. "Dude...look at your balls."

pochacco007

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2008
i don't understand how or why people would believe nintendo would go into the phone industry. hello people, nintendo is a company that specializes in video games. so how does specializing in video games end up as a phone concept? i have no clue on why people think like this?

Hatecrime69

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2008
[citation][nom]pochacco007[/nom]i don't understand how or why people would believe nintendo would go into the phone industry. hello people, nintendo is a company that specializes in video games. so how does specializing in video games end up as a phone concept? i have no clue on why people think like this?[/citation]

major ditto, nintendo has always done what it was good at, games, the phone market is just not something they would be interested in (not to mention the typical turn around for new phones being so fast)

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
well the phone business may not be something Nintendo is interested in right now, but are they interested in keeping any of the portable gaming market share? i would think so. their hardware is nothing to write home about, and they may end up like sega as a software only company when it comes to the portable market if they don't integrate a phone. they should be capitalizing on the massive market share in gaming at the moment by adding a phone NOW.

koss64

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007
Making a phone is a fashion symbol now?What Nintendo should do is make games for the phones and I'm not talking the blasted iPhone alone.

mavroxur

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
[citation][nom]grieve[/nom]How is this news?THIS JUST IN....Microsoft is not releasing a car!Nintendo is not building microwaves![/citation]

Damnit, I wanted a Microwave DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.