Nintendo Wii Modded into A Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

NapoleonDK

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
"...What's unclear is how he implemented the sensor bar..."
Cool mod, too big to be portable though. Also, in case you were wondering, the sensor bar...just plain ISNT. It's not a sensor. No sensing happening. Zip, Zilch, Nada.
The sensor bar shines IR light at the Wiimote, the Wiimote senses the lights moving around. If your sensor bar gets busted, you can use a pair of candles. or another IR source. In the video you can see the IR lights just below the monitor. Remember kids, "The more you know!" :)

cheepstuff

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
let's review the specs, shall we?
(remember these are specs represented in a laptop-like fashion)
CPU: IBM Broadway (729MHz)
GPU: ATI Hollywood (243MHz)
RAM: 88MB total (24 integrated graphics, 64 main board)
HDD:512MB

this is an abomination and should not be labeled with the name 'laptop'. This worse than laptops from 2003 and, having owned one myself, can tell you it is never going to be a worthwhile laptop.

coopchennick

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
[citation][nom]wiinippongamer[/nom]OLD, i've seen this years ago on youtube[/citation]
ummm
The original post on the forum is dated Feb 13, 2010

Xatos

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
[citation][nom]coopchennick[/nom]ummmThe original post on the forum is dated Feb 13, 2010[/citation]
[citation][nom]cheepstuff[/nom]let's review the specs, shall we?(remember these are specs represented in a laptop-like fashion) CPU: IBM Broadway (729MHz)GPU: ATI Hollywood (243MHz)RAM: 88MB total (24 integrated graphics, 64 main board)HDD:512MBthis is an abomination and should not be labeled with the name 'laptop'. This worse than laptops from 2003 and, having owned one myself, can tell you it is never going to be a worthwhile laptop.[/citation]

You're a douche for even thinking that way.

G

its not the hardware, its how the software uses it, the wii is capable of some pretty stunning 3d

Status
Not open for further replies.