Nintendo: Wii Users Don't Need HD Anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

mavroxur

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
I like they way they tell their customer base what they do and don't need.

"You guys don't need current generation technology, you're just being picky!"

maigo

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
People want something, just put the little chip in, ad the new jack and sell a Wii HD to everyone that has a damn Wii. WTF is wrong with these stupid people?

G

The Wii get's more sold due to overall cost. The Games are even cheaper. The main Problem is the games for Xbox 360 and PS3 easily
outstrip the cost of the Console itself. The PS3 and XBOX 360 are not
for money conscious. I actually wait for Xbox and PS3 games to drop to $30.0 or so before I buy.

The latest Uncharted 2 is $50.00 plus dollars and beatable in a couple days. Did it over Christmas at my friends place. You might as well rent. Renting is what my friend does.

midnightgun

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2007
He is correct, the Wii is all about content, not visuals.

But on a side note, the Wii wouldn't be able to play HD anyways, have you ever tried youtube on that thing? :S

egidem

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
Great...Nintendo and their Wii are always a generation behind...somehow they managed to ship and sell millions of Wiis then rubbed it in M$ and Sony's faces....damn.

knowom

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
Dolphin-emu is proof enough of Wii could look nicer in 720P/1080P, but it's easy to understand Nintendo's perspective it's not worth the R&D expense for such a minor improvement especially because they could sell Wii's cheaper instead and thus make even more off of games and accessories for the Wii.

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
That's because the graphics suck BALLS! I've always been disappointed with the Xbox original quality graphics from Nintendo this time around. Not to mention, every game just drills in the gimmicks they based the console around. I've owned every nintendo console but that one. Now, I play PC and Xbox 360

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]Toms[/nom]Reggie goes on to say that with 26 million consoles sold, it's obvious that people think the quality of the visuals is not nearly as important as the overall entertainment and value of the experience.[/citation]
Really, don't you take the Wii's attachment rate (games bought per console) into consideration?

How about some real games too?

tonewheelmonster

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
I've always had a Nintendo but for some reason I never got a Wii and now I'm strictly PC. SD really does get to me after so many years of gaming on the PC. That said, I have no problem firing up the old super nintendo and playing whatever. I think maybe the SD only starts to look bad when you add 3D to the mix.

G

Wii users are a bunch of morons who will buy any crap with the nintendo name on it; throw them some gimmick control system and a new form factor every 5 years and they will keep buying.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
I think the Wii should have an HD option regardless. People spend enough on flat panel televisions and deserve to be able to utilize the higher resolution. Jane, what do YOU think about this?

boonta

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2010
Didn't Bill Gates once say that PC users would never need more than 256K of RAM????

The ONLY reason PS3 isn't crushing Nintendo is because Nintendo SMARTLY developed really good motion sensitive controllers. If Sony threw some money at that, they BURY Nintendo. Let's face it; the PS3 has better graphics, supports 1080P output, does media player stuff (like playing Divx files), and has a Bluray player. WHY would you ever want a Wii if PS3 had the fitness board and better motion controllers?

I own both and would have never bought the Wii if my PS3 had those two things.

boonta

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2010
Didn't Bill Gates once say that PC users would never need more than 256K of RAM????

The ONLY reason PS3 isn't crushing Nintendo is because Nintendo SMARTLY developed really good motion sensitive controllers. If Sony threw some money at that, they BURY Nintendo. Let's face it; the PS3 has better graphics, supports 1080P output, does media player stuff (like playing Divx files), and has a Bluray player. WHY would you ever want a Wii if PS3 had the fitness board and better motion controllers?

boonta

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2010

boonta

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.