Nintendogs Blamed in Attack on Girl by Real Dog

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetbruceli

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
WOW, Really? Blame the game for an abusive dog? I can believe how some people have to point the figures to a handheld system.
What stupid place we live in now. Blaming this and that. I am sorry the child was hurt by a dog but they shouldn't blame Nintendo for this!

G

Maybe the dog was an idiot, why to people always have to find something to blame when things happen?

G

1st.. They should experiment the effect of virtual dogs on real dogs.. Which I think should fail.. The only reason they blame Nintendogs is for money.

Onus

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
A game that might sound to us like barking would sound like noise to a real dog, due to the limited dynamic range. Consider the small child you can understand in person, but not over a landline phone. That's because the phone has such a narrow range that it doesn't carry the tot's voice very well, so a lot of it is "missing." Same with the dog in this case. If it was an unprovoked attack, yeah put it down, but if it was a response to abuse, feed it the rest of the kid's face.

Judguh

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
The Daily Mail reports that the owner told police that Megan may have kicked the dog prior to the attack.

Because that wouldn't have contributed to a dog retaliating. Totally the DS's fault

/sarcasm

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]enzo matrix[/nom]No one concludes it could have been the owner's fault?[/citation]
Or maybe the girls fault if it turns out she kicked the dog?
Megan may have kicked the dog prior to the attack
Fact is no-one knows the truth, but games are just an easy target for the mad-half of the world.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
"The Daily Mail reports that the owner told police that Megan may have kicked the dog prior to the attack."

well that gets nintendo off the hook of a lawsuit hopefully.the judge "so your client claims that the kick had nothing to do with the attack and it had everything to do with a midi file... case dismissed"

chomlee

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
[citation][nom]jtt283[/nom]A game that might sound to us like barking would sound like noise to a real dog, due to the limited dynamic range. [/citation]

Not true, I have 3 dogs and they go crazy when they hear a dog barking on the tv as well as when they hear a dog bark when I have played nintendogs myself. On that note, dogs barking on TV, games etc are very common and it is a little rediculus that whenever I am playing red dead redemption and a dog or wolf comes up to me, the game would need to pause and give a warning etc.

Also, I don't know if I believe the owner saying the girl kicked the dog. If the girl had kicked the dog, why would she be signing over the papers to have the dog put down?

Anyhow, the owner probably doesn't have much money but nintendo has lots of it, so lets sue who has the most money.

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
I always thought dogs were work animals, not pets.
Why do so many people feel compelled to have an animal they'll likely neglect? These animals were designed to be fearless hunters, not to babysit your children.
I've seen many children abuse animals. My nephew tried shoving his fist down a dogs mouth several times. He's insanely lucky the dog never bit him for that (which the dog should have).

People also seem to forget that, one you abuse your dog, those dogs can become quite violent. I've had two dogs (both abused by their owners) try to maul me.

If she really did kick the dog, she got what she deserved.
If the dog randomly freaked out over the sound of barking, then putting it own was the right thing to do.

ksharp25

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Look I dont care if a dogs behavior can be modified because it hears barking on movies, tv, etc. We should not have to modify our life, or viewing, and God forbid label our entertainment that it may infect a non-intelligent animal species. WE are the master intelligent race.

She did nothing wrong, that dumb dog just went psyco and snapped. Its rare but it happens. Risk of owning/being around a dog. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.