Nivida 840m (2GB) or AMD Radeon R9 m375 (4gb)

Desperado97

Estimable
Jun 9, 2015
Hello guys , i have two laptops (HP Pavilion and Lenovo z51-70) both have the same spec. except for the GPU the Lenovo have the new AMD r9 m375 (4GB) ... i have tried both of them but the Nvidia is performing way better than the AMD however all the sites shows that the R9 m375 is better than the Nvidia 840m so what do you think guys? is it a problem with the laptop or the Nvidia is actually better??

http://www.game-debate.com/gpu/index.php?gid=2971&gid2=1955&compare=radeon-r9-m375-2gb-vs-geforce-840m-2gb - here is the comparison between the Nvidia 840m (2GB) and AMD r9 m375 (2GB not the 4GB) i think the AMD is better except for the power requirements and i think it's the reason why the AMD GPU only works when the laptop is plugged in !! and it never works on the battery ... however can anyone tell me which GPU is actually better and if the AMD is better so what is the wrong with my laptop??

If you have both laptops, run 3DMark on both of them and see which one has the better score. Keep in mind that both will need to have the same OS, same CPU, same RAM amount, same hard-drive and same background programs running for it to be a valid test. Also make sure the test is run with both of them plugged into wall power. Then you'll know which is faster.

Desperado97

Estimable
Jun 9, 2015
okay i run it only on my Lenovo which have the Radeon card here is it : http://imageshack.com/a/img540/3263/vjJwQH.jpg

it shows my score is better than normal notebooks which has the same processor and the GT 840m !! which means the r9 m375 is better but there is a WARNING that says GRAPHIC DRIVER IS NOT APPROVED! (Check the photo) , im having the latest Driver....so guys what do you think might be the problem with my laptop??

The warning is likely because you are not using the Lenovo driver but used one from AMD. Laptop video drivers are only supported by the laptop vendor. The ones from the chip maker may work but are not supported for troubleshooting if you have issues.

I can't see the images at work, but whatever got the better 3DMark score is the better system, although real performance in games will vary from game to game as some games run better on some cards.

misho10

Estimable
Oct 30, 2015
well theroticaly the amd r9 should be better which actualy is not true as t seems that the amd r9 has some issues preventing it from preforming well so i will advice you to go with nvidia 840m which is a very good card in real gaming