NO 5.1 SOUND ????

akataria7

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2011
hello everyone
pardon me if i put this in the wrong section

my questions is that i recently bought Logitech Z506 5.1 Speakers and i have Intel DG41RQ MOBO which says that it supports 5.1 surround sound but i couldnt get all speakers to work with it . so i bought a shitty sound card but even then i am not able to get 5.1 sound out of the speakers .. HELP!!!!!

Solution
first make sure you plugged in all 3 cables correctly.

second make sure you are playing a 5.1 source. realize that windows sounds, internet sounds, some older game sound as well as some dvds (such as some translated anime) may not support surround sound.

do a windows speaker test under speaker setup. each speaker should make popping noises according to the diagram. of course make sure you have 5.1 selected instead of 2.1 or another setting.
first make sure you plugged in all 3 cables correctly.

second make sure you are playing a 5.1 source. realize that windows sounds, internet sounds, some older game sound as well as some dvds (such as some translated anime) may not support surround sound.

do a windows speaker test under speaker setup. each speaker should make popping noises according to the diagram. of course make sure you have 5.1 selected instead of 2.1 or another setting.

Solution