No appropriate manual on-line for my new Asus Notebook P2520L?

Karen_80

Commendable
Nov 23, 2016
Just unboxed my new Asus notebook and went to their site to register it and download the manual for it. Their drop down box doesn't have my model number and the manual is for a Windows 8 and I bought their Windows 7 upgradeable to Windows 10. Called them and their support want to make out a case #? Gave up.

Hello, Karen:

It does seem to be an oversight on the part of ASUS. Having searched ASUS's web site and other sites (manualslib.com), I can only confirm your experience. The odd thing is that on the web page for the P2025 series it says 'Windows 10 Home and Pro', so there really ought to be an online manual reflecting that.

If you can find the time (and muster the patience), I think you should contact ASUS support again and let them open a case - that way they might speed up an updated manual for the P2520L.

Cheers,
GreyCatz.

Anybody still selling Win7 boxes must be a refurb or NOS (New but Old Stock) and the documentation may had been pushed to the End-of-Life section (hidden) of the website, be patient and wait for reply, hopefully before you money-back period.

The important thing is, that you have all the drivers (came with CD?), the instruction to Restore to Factory if you have to (and you will at some point, if not soon), because how to operate Win7... that info is everywhere.

Is this laptop a "Thanksgiving Special" by any chance? I notice TV vendors sell these special, one-of-a-kind TV that nobody have ever heard of, no documentation, no review, and you take your chances because is discounted.

Karen_80

Commendable
Nov 23, 2016

Karen_80

Commendable
Nov 23, 2016
GreyCatz, yes, there really should be an online manual. I will take your suggestion and give support another try.

Jsmithepa, I got the Asus online from Best Buy. I suspect they originally sold this model with Windows 8 which most people hated. Someone probably got the idea that they might sell better with Windows 7 to oldsters, but threw in the option to upgrade later to Windows 10. It came with CD's for Windows 7 and Windows 10.

I'm sure it probably works just the same as my Dell tabletop. I just like the security of a manual. Yes, I'm an oldster! lol