No audio after attempting to install new GPU

Sep 1, 2018
I have already posted this on reddit, but have not gotten any answers so I am going to post it here as well:

Hello, I made a thread here yesterday that can be found here (https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/9bz6wl/new_nvidia_gtx_1050_gpu_not_detected_by_my_pc/), where I was having difficulties getting a new GPU to work, the GTX 1050. My specs are listed in that thread.
Motherboard: ASRock B85 Pro4
Processor: Intel i3 4350
PSU: Corsair TX750W

Somewhere along the way, my audio seems to have completely stopped working. My PC recognizes that I have something plugged in, and seems to be playing audio, but there is no audio actually playing. https://i.imgur.com/UcOx6F1.png

https://i.imgur.com/4yyKCA5.png
Here is a screenshot of my device manager. There's a lot going on there so it's possible that I may be missing something.

Things I have tried:

-Using both speakers and headphones which work with my phone, neither plays audio.

-Uninstalling and reinstalling drivers from my motherboard's website.

-I had swapped my partition from MBR to GPT in order to switch my BIOS from Legacy to UEFI, but after reading that UEFI could potentially have issues with onboard sound, I swapped back from GPT to MBR using "AOMEI Partition Assistant", and back to Legacy BIOS.

-Checked the audio levels and devices, made sure the plug is in the correct jack (in the rear of the PC, my front audio panels are not powered.)

-Reset CMOS via battery pull.

My audio was working perfectly fine yesterday before I took any of the steps mentioned in my prior thread. I tried so many different steps that I can't tell at what point the audio actually stopped working. No GPU is currently physically installed in my PC. One more note is that I cannot seem to get the "Realtek HD Audio Manager" to run, which makes me think I might be missing something as far as drivers/software goes.

I am going to test my new GPU in a friend's PC today to see if it works, and if it does, then I am assuming my motherboard is having problems (as /u/agentpanda
noted in the previous thread). Other than that, I just don't even know what else to try at this point. Any advice is welcome.

Edit: I just realized something. If I turn the volume knob on my speakers all the way up, I can hear very quiet audio along with a high pitched whining noise and static.

Solution
Sorry, I read these threads on my phone and don't always see attached images well, but regardless, some of my advice you have already dealt with.
With your GPU physically out, disable/uninstall your current motherboard audio, and re-download/re-install those drivers for your version of Windows. Reboot.

dudio

Admirable
Sorry, I read these threads on my phone and don't always see attached images well, but regardless, some of my advice you have already dealt with.
With your GPU physically out, disable/uninstall your current motherboard audio, and re-download/re-install those drivers for your version of Windows. Reboot.

Solution