no audio but through hdmi which i dont haver

Josh_175

Commendable
Dec 25, 2016
All i have in myplayback is "Digital audio display", when I click on properties it shows that its connected through the hmdi on my graphics card. My monitor does not have speakers, how do i run the audio through my front or rear jacks from my motherboard with no options in playback to do so?

Girl_Downunder

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
You say you tried to install Realtek drivers?

According to Asus, you should be installing the VIA VT1708S 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC driver. There isn't one for Win 10, last version is for Win 8.

I suppose you could download that & try running it in compatibility mode for Win 8...you might get lucky & it installs.

To verify your sound, you can take a flashlight & have a look at the board-- see if you find VIA or Realtek on the sound chip itself?

Josh_175

Commendable
Dec 25, 2016
more detailed info on my whole issue here http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-10-newly-built-pc-audio-please-help.232154/

Girl_Downunder

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
Hi Josh, firstly- that techspot link doesn't work.

I would check device manager for audio sources first, Then go to view>hidden devices to see if possibly your onboard audio is having an issue. Next, check in BIOS that your onboard audio is enabled.

What's the motherboard, btw?

PS: you could also boot up a Live Linux Mint DVD or USB & see if it also says there's still no sound source except hdmi. If Mint says you have none, then it's a hardware issue.

rgd1101

Polypheme
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Josh_175 : "no audio, need advice!"

Josh_175

Commendable
Dec 25, 2016

Hey thanks for trying to help! my motherboard is M5a78l-M/usb3 from asus.

Josh_175

Commendable
Dec 25, 2016

I have tried both of those multiple times. In my bios my hd audio is on, and select hidden devices all i see digital display audio. followed by AMD high defitnition audio device unplugged

Girl_Downunder

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
You say you tried to install Realtek drivers?

According to Asus, you should be installing the VIA VT1708S 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC driver. There isn't one for Win 10, last version is for Win 8.

I suppose you could download that & try running it in compatibility mode for Win 8...you might get lucky & it installs.

To verify your sound, you can take a flashlight & have a look at the board-- see if you find VIA or Realtek on the sound chip itself?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Audio 1
E Audio 1
S Audio 1
theking4mayor Audio 6
MetalMackZ Audio 1
E Audio 2
Mattsglobaltravels Audio 3
A Audio 0
M Audio 1
agschild Audio 2
M Audio 1