Solved! No audio from a dvi to hdmi using a nvidia gf 9600gt video card

treats21

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2010
I have a Nvidia geforce 9600gt graphics card with dual dvi outputs. I'm using a DVI to HDMI adapter to connect to my samsung LCD tv. I'm not getting any audio out of the tv and i've tried all the drivers that people have posted and i've looked at my graphics card and there are no spdif pins on it so i can't connect it to my mobo. on the back of computer there is a yellow colored output (looks like the yellow video jack for RCA cables) marked spdif....does anybody know if i can use this to make the audio work? if so, what cable can i get and which input on the tv should i connect it to?

Solution
the reason for that is maybe cos u are not using DVI-D, if u are using standard DVI, it cannnot carry audio signals.

and some HDMI cannot carry audio signals. jsut check both ends of the cable, and make sure there the ones that can carry audio signals.

MEgamer

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009
the reason for that is maybe cos u are not using DVI-D, if u are using standard DVI, it cannnot carry audio signals.

and some HDMI cannot carry audio signals. jsut check both ends of the cable, and make sure there the ones that can carry audio signals.

Solution

MEgamer

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009