No audio output from 5.1 speaker

arun_47

Commendable
Jan 16, 2017
Hi all. I have a samsung led tv with 1 hdmi, usb slots and 1 dish tv STBox and Yamaha home theater 5.1 YHT 196
So I have connected my TV and STBox to HT via hdmi , Evrything working well .. My problem is my tv doesn't have a optical cable slot so whenver I play movies By connecting via USB, sound comes from TV. I have 2 empty HDMI slots to my HT, but no connection to tv via optical cable.

So if I connect a chromecast or my mobile through slim port in that HDMI slot . will the sound come from TV Or HT? I want the sound from home theatre. Please help me

And also which is the best device to convert my normal TV to Smart tv.. I live in india.. So suggest me something which will be available here.

Solution
Audio coming from the tv instead of home theatre should be fixed when you go into the tv settings and define the audio output as the HDMI cable.

If you are plugging into the HT and not the TV it should work through the HT although you may need to specify you want it to play the audio.

A Roku 3 would be the best bet i believe they are for sale in India

wehler53

Honorable
Dec 30, 2013
Audio coming from the tv instead of home theatre should be fixed when you go into the tv settings and define the audio output as the HDMI cable.

If you are plugging into the HT and not the TV it should work through the HT although you may need to specify you want it to play the audio.

A Roku 3 would be the best bet i believe they are for sale in India

Solution