No Audio when connection laptop to Onkyo NR 828 AV Receiver vis HDMI

Paul56

Commendable
Apr 9, 2016
Hi there

I occasionally connect my Acer Aspire M3 laptop (running windows 10) to my Onkyo NR 828 av receiver via the HDMI Connections previously without any problems.

However, when connecting now I no longer have any audio whilst the picture is fine.

I initially thought that the Onkyo 828 needed to be set as the default device in the sound settings in Windows 10 but this had no effect.

I have looked at the set up on both the laptop and av receiver and tried various changes to the audio settings, and in my desperation changed the wiring and connections all without success.

I have also checked all my audio drivers on the laptop and all are up to date. I am not sure if the problem is with the laptop or the Onkyo amp.

I would welcome any ideas to resolve this problem.

Solution
-do you still get audio out of the amp from other (non pc) sources? if not, its the amp.
-do you get sound from speaker test? (on amp and on pc test both).
-is mute on? are volume levels high enough? make sure default device is selected correctly of course.
-have you tried an alternate hdmi port on the receiver or restart?
-do you still get audio out of the amp from other (non pc) sources? if not, its the amp.
-do you get sound from speaker test? (on amp and on pc test both).
-is mute on? are volume levels high enough? make sure default device is selected correctly of course.
-have you tried an alternate hdmi port on the receiver or restart?

Solution

Paul56

Commendable
Apr 9, 2016