No Bootable Device Hard Drive Replacement Issue

Teusn

Estimable
Jul 2, 2015
Hello, today i recieved my new hdd in the mail today because my old one didn't work anymore. When i put the hdd in my laptop and sealed everything up i started up the computer and after about 3 seconds it says "No Bootable Device, Press Any Key". i am on a gateway laptop nv52l15u. please help thanks.

Solution
It has nothing to boot from. There's nothing on your HDD if I understand your post correctly.

You need to install an OS. You'll need bootable media (either a USB or a disk), and inset that to start. You may have to amend your boot priority in the BIOS to match whichever method of media you're using to install (ie if booting from a disk, select the disk drive as boot priorty #1)
It has nothing to boot from. There's nothing on your HDD if I understand your post correctly.

You need to install an OS. You'll need bootable media (either a USB or a disk), and inset that to start. You may have to amend your boot priority in the BIOS to match whichever method of media you're using to install (ie if booting from a disk, select the disk drive as boot priorty #1)

Solution

Teusn

Estimable
Jul 2, 2015

So i have to buy a os disk e.g windows from a store and reinstall it?

If you did not make recovery disks (or you cannot access the old HDD to do so), you have limited options unfortunately.

If you can read your COA sticker (on the bottom of your laptop), then you're halfway there. You have a license & all you need is a windows disk (the corresponding one to the license...ie if you laptop came preloaded with Windows 7 w/SP1, then you need that disk).

If you can't read the sticker, you'll need a new license (which you'll need to obtain from a retail copy).

Teusn

Estimable
Jul 2, 2015

okay there is a sticker but could you tell me how long the key is so i can no if its the right one?