no bootbale device TOSHIBA C55-A5105

ramuosahi

Estimable
Dec 14, 2015
Hi,
My computer has a serious problem.
Let me explain:
I tried a day to start it, it didn't start, I've understood that it has a hard drive issue after a lot of messages.
I change the hard drive to the new one. When I try to restart it for installing, it show me this message : No bootable device -- Please restart system
I check many forums for fixing that issue, but no solution until today.
I change the boot order and many others things.
Please I need your help and advice for fixing my computer.
Thanks

Solution
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.

The error that you're getting may be a hardware related problem, your HDD to be exact. Do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Start by loading into BIOS, make sure that HDD is being detected and set as the 1st boot device.
- After doing these do try and boot the laptop and see if the same problem will persist.
- If your HDD is not being detected do try to reseat it from the laptop. Remove it for couple of seconds then put it back in making sure that it's seated properly.
- If your HDD is select is being detected and is set as the 1st boot device do install Windows using your Toshiba Recovery disc and that should solve the issue.
- If all...
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.

The error that you're getting may be a hardware related problem, your HDD to be exact. Do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Start by loading into BIOS, make sure that HDD is being detected and set as the 1st boot device.
- After doing these do try and boot the laptop and see if the same problem will persist.
- If your HDD is not being detected do try to reseat it from the laptop. Remove it for couple of seconds then put it back in making sure that it's seated properly.
- If your HDD is select is being detected and is set as the 1st boot device do install Windows using your Toshiba Recovery disc and that should solve the issue.
- If all these will not work do contact Toshiba if it's still under the factory warranty.

Solution