Are you connected to your internet via wireless or wired connection? Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to uninstall/reinstall the Network adapters.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the Network Adapters. (Wireless and LAN)
- Reboot the laptop once both drivers has been uninstalled and it should reinstall automatically.
- After the reboot, do test it again and see if the same problem will persist.
- If it will still not connect to your Network do a power cycle with the modem.
- Turn off or unplug the modem from your wall outlet for couple of seconds then plug it back in. Wait for couple of seconds until all the lights is on the modem then try connecting again.
- If it will still not work, do run System Restore, restore it back to an earlier date or time when it was connecting with no problem.
- Here's how to run System Restore: http/windows.microsoft.com/en-PH/windows-8/restore-refresh-reset-pc
- If System restore will still not work, do contact your ISP first for more check with their system because if everything is working on their end your last option with the laptop is to reinstall Windows.