No coaxial hookup on smart tv . I only have a coaxial hookup in my RV .

Koppa

Estimable
Jun 8, 2015
my new smart tv does not have a coaxial hookup. My motor home ONLY has a coaxial hookup . Can I make it work somehow?

Koppa

Estimable
Jun 8, 2015
The TV is a vizio E series 32 D. The 2014 Mdl had the coaxial input, 'cause I read the reviews. This newer mdl. does not.As stated earlier , it's in an earlier Motor Home . I use direct TV. The tv in question is outside in a storage bin for outside viewing, with only a coaxial hookup available. The satellite dish is NOT HD.Therefore not HDMI compatible. Thanks for your interest and help Kanewolf , I appreciate it.

kanewolf

Judicious
All the pictures that are on Vizio's website have a coax fitting.

My recommendation is to replace your dish box with an HD version that has HDMI. Then you could use an HDMI switch or HDMI splitter to select which TV is getting the feed.

This box serves the opposite purpose - to convert (eg VHS player without COAX output) RCA outputs to COAX.

If your TV does not have Coax, there are good chances it does not have TV tuner either, so if that Coax in your RV is for antennae, you will need either External TV tuner (one of the boxes which were sold / given away couple of years ago when analogue broadcast ceased in USA)