Solved! No Command error screen disappeares after few seconds, tablet goes in boot loop again, can't access recovery mode, ODIN fails

Aug 24, 2019
I was trying to revive an old Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (GT-P5110). It is in a boot loop.

I wanted to clear the cache partition or to factory reset, but when I try to get to the recovery mode I get the no command error.
In the No Command error screen, whether I press Power/VolumeUP/VolumeDOWN or not, it makes no difference, after about 5 seconds the No Command screen goes away and the tablet returns in a boot loop.
I tried every possible key combination in the No Command screen, but nothing changes, I cannot access the recovery mode.

So I tried the ODIN way, after accessing the download mode I tried to upload the original firmware (the tablet has never been modified).
The ODIN process always fails after about 5 minutes with the following script:

<ID:0/003> Added!!
<ID:0/003> Odin engine v(ID:3.1301)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> Total Binary size: 1486 M
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/003> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/003> system.img
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Please help, I don't have any other idea...

Solution
It could be a hardware issue, but before going that route I would ask if the device had been altered before this. Especially if it had been rooted. If that is the case, then it won't work to reset it unless you unroot it first.
It could be a hardware issue, but before going that route I would ask if the device had been altered before this. Especially if it had been rooted. If that is the case, then it won't work to reset it unless you unroot it first.

Last edited:
Solution