No cursor on lenovo ideapad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hannah_23

Prominent
May 23, 2017
I've just bought a lenovo ideapad 110. I turned it on for the first time and discovered there was no cursor and the touchpad wasn't working. After managing to get through the setup with the keys only I still can't get the cursor or touchpad to work and am unable to Check any boxes in the mouse settings by just using the keys. Thanks for any help

Solution
A new device shouldn't give you problems, not at all. Now you can connect an external mouse and try the following to see if it will fix the problem. However you might well take the device back and get them to give you a correctly working one.

Touchpad not working? Try the following and see if it fixes it...

1. Go into "Control Panel".
2. Click "Hardware and Sound".
3. Now click "Mouse and Touchpad".
4. Now go to "Additional mouse options".
5. The Mouse Properties window will open. In here click on your device.
6. Make sure your device is set to enabled. If it isn't then click "Enable Device".
7. Exit both that screen and "Control Panel".
A new device shouldn't give you problems, not at all. Now you can connect an external mouse and try the following to see if it will fix the problem. However you might well take the device back and get them to give you a correctly working one.

Touchpad not working? Try the following and see if it fixes it...

1. Go into "Control Panel".
2. Click "Hardware and Sound".
3. Now click "Mouse and Touchpad".
4. Now go to "Additional mouse options".
5. The Mouse Properties window will open. In here click on your device.
6. Make sure your device is set to enabled. If it isn't then click "Enable Device".
7. Exit both that screen and "Control Panel".

Solution

doug11160

Prominent
Dec 31, 2017
Hi everyone,

I bought 2 Lenova Ideapad 110S's on sale. So my wife tells me the cursor is gone. I discovered that it has a "Disable touchpad" button. Simply hit the F6 or Fn and F6 together and the cursor is back. Not sure why they even have this key since it isn't a touch screen. I do strongly recommend buying a 16 GB (Minimum) or 32 GB Flash drive and create a recovery drive on it in case you need to completely restore it which I am doing now. The big thing with these Ideapads is they don't have hardly any memory so use an external storage (USB flash drive, external hard drive, etc.) to store pictures, music, videos, etc... but good for surfing the net. You can also use Microsoft One Drive for storage.

Hope this helps everyone else with this issue.

doug11160

Prominent
Dec 31, 2017
Hi everyone,

Just a follow up to my post below. Also just so you know the Ideapad has a little reset button to the right of the power and battery LED's. It has a symbol of like an upside down U. The laptop must be powered off. Then you can press the reset with a paper clip. This will bring up a screen to lead you thru the recovery process if you need to completely restore everything. If you have another computer available or phone check out Lenova's short YouTube video's on doing the restore, pretty basic. However it didn't work on my wife's as it said my memory was too low. So now I'm working on the recovery drive and then I will go in and clean out everything to get memory back.

Mar 13, 2018
Thanks thanks thanks to you Doug, Brand New 320 drive me Crazy...
Very simples F6 touch
Anna
Rio

I bought 2 Lenova Ideapad 110S's on sale. So my wife tells me the cursor is gone. I discovered that it has a "Disable touchpad" button. Simply hit the F6 or Fn and F6 together and the cursor is back. Not sure why they even have this key since it isn't a touch screen. I do strongly recommend buying a 16 GB (Minimum) or 32 GB Flash drive and create a recovery drive on it in case you need to completely restore it which I am doing now. The big thing with these Ideapads is they don't have hardly any memory so use an external storage (USB flash drive, external hard drive, etc.) to store pictures, music, videos, etc... but good for surfing the net. You can also use Microsoft One Drive for storage.

Hope this helps everyone else with this issue.[/quotemsg]

Apr 10, 2018
Thanks Daug and Anna, my cursor pointer had disappeared on my Lenovo laptop, I tried a number of options but all in vain. After reading your advice I pressed F6 key and it appeared. Thanks again.

Apr 20, 2018

Apr 20, 2018
If a dude cannot install OS how is he to go to control panel. While installing the OS, midway the curser throws in the hat. I guess it's a driver issue but then one cannot install drivers without the OS. This happens with windows 10. Not known to me if a different issue can solve the issue.

Peter Martin

Estimable
Oct 9, 2014
follow Tom's guide to clean install. delete all partitions on the windows drive, and let windows installer format and install, if it won't install, then bad hard drive probably, or you have motherboard problems. you should not hijack a thread, open a new one.

Oct 21, 2018

Nov 6, 2018

Nov 6, 2018
This saved me life! Thank you! I have a Lenovo as a back up to my regular school laptop that just decided to stop turning on so you can imagine my frustration when i couldn't figure out why i had no cursor! Thank you so much

Nov 8, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.