No display on my Laptop

TC_12345

Estimable
Nov 9, 2014
I have recently just bought a Samsung np350v5x-a03 from ebay which was spares/repairs as i am currently learning and tinkering around with hardware etc. There is no display, the screen is completely black, i opened it up and cleaned off the motherboard and made sure that all connections were in properly. I have also done the torch test to see if there is a dim display but the screen just appears black. I then connected it to my TV via HDMI and as there is no hard drive in the laptop, the bios settings screen came up on the TV. I then took the panel around the LED screen off and there is no inverter as i now understand that LED screens don't require inverters? So i have now boiled it down to either being the video cable, or the LED panel itself. So basically i am just looking for some help/advice/opinions or whatever. If there is anything else more you need to know just let me know. Thanks in advance

Solution
Just need to start replacing things and see what fixes it, if you reseated the cable, I'd try a new cable, then I'd try a new screen or maybe just a new backlight if you can see anything at all, try shining a light on the screen see if you can see an image. BTW, the screen is not LED, that's just the backlight it uses. The screen itself is LCD. Pretty common mistake.
Just need to start replacing things and see what fixes it, if you reseated the cable, I'd try a new cable, then I'd try a new screen or maybe just a new backlight if you can see anything at all, try shining a light on the screen see if you can see an image. BTW, the screen is not LED, that's just the backlight it uses. The screen itself is LCD. Pretty common mistake.

Solution