No Doubt Suing Activision Over Band Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

buddhav1

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
No Doubt still exists?

woah....

and stop with the endless stream of "Guitar Rock Band DJ Singstar OMG IMA RAWKER Hero" games please.

Gwen Stefani hasn't had a hit song in what, 2 or 3 years? psh.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
Wow, I'm disapointed by No Doubt's reaction. Will DC comics sue me if I "depict Batman doing some suggestive testicules eating simulation" (teabagging) in a videogame?

My stupid examples shows that you cannot sue a company for what the gamers will choose to do with the tools available to them. Now, if Activision has no rights on the physical appearance of the band members whatsoever, that's another story.

Mr_Man

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2008
Actually, after taking a college senior-level class in Media Law, I'm pretty sure No Doubt is on pretty solid ground with this lawsuit. Without taking sides, I'd say Activision probably should have thought to include the terms of how their likeness would be used in the contract.

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
[citation][nom]buddhav1[/nom]No Doubt still exists?woah....and stop with the endless stream of "Guitar Rock Band DJ Singstar OMG IMA RAWKER Hero" games please. Gwen Stefani hasn't had a hit song in what, 2 or 3 years? psh.[/citation]

They regrouped. Were only on a sort of haiatus.

Status
Not open for further replies.