no headphone jack

Matty1966

Commendable
Jun 16, 2016
Hi

I need help

I want to use surround sound with an lg tv that's free with sky but it only has scart slot and a hdmi slot I have tried putting a xbox scart with red and white leads and also tried other cables I am getting sound but it's buzzing sound and I am not getting nothing

What do I need to do ?

Matt

Solution
the tv does not have any other outputs such as optical? rca?

you also do not list what inputs the home theater has nor which model it is. nor the tv model.

if you have a spare hdmi slot and it has ARC support and if your home theater has hdmi output with ARC support then that could be your answer right there.

if you have an older tv with analog inputs, they do make hdmi audio extractors in 5.1 you could use, but you would need one with arc support if you want content from the tv

hdmi arc -> optical boxes exist as well but you may be limited to 2.0 possibly

FYI, using just a headphone jack = stereo sound (2.0) only
the tv does not have any other outputs such as optical? rca?

you also do not list what inputs the home theater has nor which model it is. nor the tv model.

if you have a spare hdmi slot and it has ARC support and if your home theater has hdmi output with ARC support then that could be your answer right there.

if you have an older tv with analog inputs, they do make hdmi audio extractors in 5.1 you could use, but you would need one with arc support if you want content from the tv

hdmi arc -> optical boxes exist as well but you may be limited to 2.0 possibly

FYI, using just a headphone jack = stereo sound (2.0) only

Solution