NO POST BUT only power on light glows up.

vinaya bhargava

Estimable
Jun 27, 2014
I've had a Sony E series laptop, when i turned it on then there is black screen (off black color) only power light is powered up and fan is working, no HDD light is powered up. In short, there is no POST. I can assure that there is no problem in motherboard as 2 or 3 out of 50 times system boots and POSTs successfully.

Solution
can be the hard drive pulling to much power for the laptop to start. pull the drive if the laptop starts every time it may have been the drive. make sure the ram and cpu are in tight. also check online see if your laptop is one of the older units with the bad nvidia gpu chip. some of the older laptops with soilder on nvidia chips have had issues with the chip failing and killing the system.
can be the hard drive pulling to much power for the laptop to start. pull the drive if the laptop starts every time it may have been the drive. make sure the ram and cpu are in tight. also check online see if your laptop is one of the older units with the bad nvidia gpu chip. some of the older laptops with soilder on nvidia chips have had issues with the chip failing and killing the system.

Solution