gswart569

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2010
Hi. I'm going to keep this short. My windows crashed, I forgot to backup some photos, I formatted my hard drive and reinstalled windows.

I used OnTrack Recovery and got the photos back, but now when I try to open any one of them, it says "No Preview Available".

I do not have any other backups of these photos, I think you all understand what I'm going through here lol.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!!

Sounds about right for image size, Have you tried opening the files from a program (MS Paint or something) or just double-clicking on them? I love Google Picassa for image sorting/viewing, download that and have it do a scan for your images, see if they show up properly in that.

gswart569

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2010
I've tried picassa, no joy. Paint, no joy. Just double clicking, no joy. I've browsed google for answers aswel, but can't get the right answer. I'm really desperate.

The restore may not have fully worked then. If you have been using the same hard drive you will probably have issues getting the files back as things get over-written. Try to run the recovery software again or maybe try a different software. I think the "right" answer may be that the files are corrupt.

TRENDING THREADS