No Quad-Core Phones From Sony This Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

surda

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2009
yes i'll take dual core with better battery life over quad core, the galaxy s2 is fast enough for me the way it is, its just a phone after all.

southernshark

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
As TI pointed out the new dual cores beat the current crop of quad cores, except possibly whatever Apple puts in the next Ipod. We will have to wait and see on that one. But the current quad cores don't make sense really.

bit_user

Distinguished
Herald
Jan 20, 2010
quad core is probably overrated, in a phone. dual core + GPU with hardware video decoder probably makes the most sense, from a performance vs. battery life perspective.

vipervoid1

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
I personally don't think quad core phone ,are needed for nw ~
+ no better battery
all mostly at 1900-2100 mAH for battery
I think the phone can barely stand for 2 days ~

impreza

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
I don't see the need for quad core but there will be some users that do and sony like to see itself as a highend brand and not quad core phone could see it fall behind the likes of htc and Samsung. Plus why are they only just releasing a dual core phone? For how much sony phones cost they are a joke in the specs department.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
I think this approach makes sense, because by cramming quad cores into an already battery-depleted handheld is not going to make the battery life issues any better. Plus, it sounds nice to have a quad-core in your phone, but are there any tangible performance increase over a dual core, especially given that Android is probably not coded to take advantage of extra cores.

Status
Not open for further replies.