Question No Signal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 10, 2021
Suddenly I have NO SIGNAL. Verizon says its because I don't have HDMI. (I have never had HDMI) & therefore they say I need to upgrade my system $$$
Other TV in house is fine, and does not have HDMI. I can't seem to get past Input Source, where I click on TV (nothing happens) I try AV, (nothing happens!)
Any ideas>? Thanks. Rosalie

Nov 10, 2021
What did you change/replace/upgrade just before this problem happened?
That's the odd thing. Nothing was changed/replaced or upgraded. I think grandkids played with remotes, the Verizon remote and the Insignia remote. I tried the STB on another TV in the house and its fine. Neither of my TV's have HDMI,

Nov 10, 2021
Without HDMI, how does your STB connect to your TV? Coax?

I have 2 TV's.

Upstairs TV which works perfectly, there is a cable that goes from STB ( named To Tv/VCR) to the TV (where it says Cable in) and another from STB named RF IN, to the Verizon set up in the basement.

Downstairs TV ( NO SIGNAL), the cables on the STB are exactly the same, one goes to
from RF IN to the Verizon box in the basement and the other goes from To TV/VCR

On this TV the cable goes from STB named TV/VDR to TV In, ANT/CABLE, however there is also a cord that goes from DC IN to an AC Adapter which then plugs into a power outlet.

So I'm not sure if that answers your question about how does the STB connect to the TV!

I'm the most "un tekkie" person you are ever going to cross paths with.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Are you certain the downstairs TV/STB is getting a signal via the coax connected to the STB's RF IN?

I assume a splitter is somewhere in the mix. An easy way to test is to swap the output sides of the splitter to see if the problem "moves". If so, replace the splitter.

Nov 10, 2021
Are you certain the downstairs TV/STB is getting a signal via the coax connected to the STB's RF IN?

I assume a splitter is somewhere in the mix. An easy way to test is to swap the output sides of the splitter to see if the problem "moves". If so, replace the splitter.

No, there is no splitter. I 'm not sure how to be certain the TV/STB is getting a signal via the coax connected to the STB's RF IN?m

Status
Not open for further replies.