Question No sound coming from pc speakers when using DTS

May 22, 2019
ok, so I am very new to audio stuff and I know that DTS is higher quality audio, the problem I am having is when I use Potplayer and set it to pass through after DTS-re encoding it works fine and I get sound but as soon as I enable the passthrough setting I don't get any sound so im assuming when I turn check the box for the passthrough it is turning it on which is why im not getting any sound. So that's why I came here is there a way I can enable DTS on my current setup? I am using a 2.1 audio setup connected to my pc with a 3.5mm cable. I heard somewhere I need to connect a receiver to my pc in order for it to work but as I said earlier im really new to all this audio stuff so I don't have a receiver and in the past have been ok with crappy 5 dollar stereo desktop speakers so this a big step up for me. Thank you for reading

Sep 7, 2019
ok, so I am very new to audio stuff and I know that DTS is higher quality audio, the problem I am having is when I use Potplayer and set it to pass through after DTS-re encoding it works fine and I get sound but as soon as I enable the passthrough setting I don't get any sound so im assuming when I turn check the box for the passthrough it is turning it on which is why im not getting any sound. So that's why I came here is there a way I can enable DTS on my current setup? I am using a 2.1 audio setup connected to my pc with a 3.5mm cable. I heard somewhere I need to connect a receiver to my pc in order for it to work but as I said earlier im really new to all this audio stuff so I don't have a receiver and in the past have been ok with crappy 5 dollar stereo desktop speakers so this a big step up for me. Thank you for reading
Hi,
Did you connect the digital audio output from your LG TV to your receiver?
To make this work properly, you need to disable the built in speakers of your TV - there is an audio settings menu somewhere in the TV menu.
Kingwala

You don't have 5.1 speakers your can't reproduce it even if your speakers have a digital input. Your PC audio may not be able to reconvert DTS to analog stereo as well.
Also I don't thing that recoding Dolby Digital to DTS has any advantage since it can't sound better than DD when you do that. Has to be native DTS encoded.