No sound from laptop

regortnulb

Commendable
Jan 22, 2017
My speakers aren't working. I have Smart Audio 221 and High definition audio device in Device Manager but they don't show up when I right click the speaker icon and select playback devices. The SA221 are also not working according to device manager but the Hi Def audio devcie is. ????

Solution
Try the following...

1. Go to "Control Panel".
2. Click on "Sound".
3. Make sure you are on the "Playback" tab.
4. Click on the device you are trying to fix.
5. Now click the "Configure" button and follow the prompts. (Be sure you also click the "Test" button.)
6. Once that is complete, click the "Properties" button.
7. When you are done with your changes, in "Properties", click "Apply" and then "OK".
8. Then click "OK", again, on the main "Sound window".

If the item doesn't show listed there in the "Playback" tab, right click on the white background in that window and make sure the "Show disabled devices" and "Show disconnected devices" have checked boxes next to them.

Try the following...

1. Go to "Control Panel".
2. Click on "Sound".
3. Make sure you are on the "Playback" tab.
4. Click on the device you are trying to fix.
5. Now click the "Configure" button and follow the prompts. (Be sure you also click the "Test" button.)
6. Once that is complete, click the "Properties" button.
7. When you are done with your changes, in "Properties", click "Apply" and then "OK".
8. Then click "OK", again, on the main "Sound window".

If the item doesn't show listed there in the "Playback" tab, right click on the white background in that window and make sure the "Show disabled devices" and "Show disconnected devices" have checked boxes next to them.

Solution