Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 21, 2018
Hey, I've been looking for an answer everywhere and can't find one hopefully someone here can help me.

I have 2 Mackie CR3 Studio Monitors, they used to work fine then one day my sound would only play out of one speaker. I know they both work and my wires are good because when I switch the powered powered speaker to left, it works but then the right one doesn't play, and after I do that and pull the wire it turns off so I think the wires are good. I have them connected to my mobile pre amp by aux, that's connected to my computer via usb. I used to use the color inputs but I know its not the computer because if I connected a phone to the speakers via aux I have problem. One thing I did notice though is that if I switch the powered speaker to left, I can hear a super low sound come from the tweeter in my right speaker.

Someone help please it'll be MUCH appreciated.

Solution
If you switch the inputs to the speakers the other speaker works and the powered one doesn't?
That means that the speakers are fine and they are only getting one channel as input. You need to check the all cables, the mobile preamp if that's where you connected the phone. You can bypass that to see if it's the problem.
Not sure how you know both speakers work when from what you wrote only the speaker with the power in it works. That Left / Right switch has nothing to do with where the speakers are located on your desk, it has only to do with what signal is being sent to it.

From what you wrote, the passive speaker is bad, or the output to it is bad. Did you contact the vendor for support?

If you switch the inputs to the speakers the other speaker works and the powered one doesn't?
That means that the speakers are fine and they are only getting one channel as input. You need to check the all cables, the mobile preamp if that's where you connected the phone. You can bypass that to see if it's the problem.

Solution
The left right switch on the powered speaker reverses the inputs to the speaker.
If you change it and the speaker that doesn't work also changes then you only have one channel going to the speakers. That could be the PC or the cable.
If you change the switch and the same speaker doesn't work then the problem is either the speaker or the amp that drives it (which is located in the powered speaker). You can connect the passive speaker to another amp to test it. My guess would be the amp is bad rather than the speaker itself.

Feb 5, 2019

I had the same problem.. and I've been reading your answers.. in my case it was something as stupid as connect the wires properly.. one of them was not well connected.

Status
Not open for further replies.