Solved! No Sound - Samsung KU6300 to Panasonic SC-BTT490 via Digital Optical

Apr 3, 2018
I have a Samsung KU6300 4K TV and I'm trying to get the audio output to my Panasonic SC-BTT490 HTS via Digital Optical Cable, but am not getting sound. I've set the TV to push Audio to Digital Out, instead of speakers, and both set the Panasonic to default TV audio to Digital In and also manually selected Digital In as source. Trying a different route, I moved the Panasonic HTS HDMI connection to the HDMI (ARC) connection on the TV and switched its audio from Digital Out to HDMI, but still nada. Running out of ideas, so any help really appreciated. Thanks

Solution
When you say push to digital out instead of the speaker do you mean you turned the TV speakers off in the TV menu? Sometimes you have to do this to get the ARC or optical to work.
You can try changing the digital output type in the TV menu too.
Apr 3, 2018
Hi AmericanAudiophile, I mean I changed the TV's output from Internal Speakers to first Digital Out and then HDMI (ARC), but neither worked. I didn't try changing the output type, but at this point have decided to update to a more current Samsung sound bar with wireless surround rear speakers which will hopefully be more straight-forward and clean / simply things. Thanks for taking the time to give some input.

TRENDING THREADS