No sound through HDMI ARC

dlogkos

Estimable
Oct 16, 2015
Hello all,
I have a tv, Philips 32PFL7406 and an amplifier, Yamaha RX-V565. I am trying to connect the tv with the amplifier through HDMI ARC but there is no sound. The HDMI cable used is 1.4.
Any solutions?

For ARC to work you need ARC in both the TV and the receiver. You have to connect the receiver HDMI out to the HDMI input of the TV labeled ARC and activate the function in the TV and maybe the receiver. Did not see mention of ARC in the receiver manual so you may have to use the optical out.
If the TV doesn't have any other output that ARC then an HDMI audio extractor like this one will work
http://www.amazon.com/ViewHD-Extractor-Support-Converter-VHD-H2HARC/dp/B00LKF6CPG

dlogkos

Estimable
Oct 16, 2015

dlogkos

Estimable
Oct 16, 2015
The TV has HDMI ARC which is indicated very clear. The amplifier has a feature HDMI Auto (HDMI Out) which provides a similar feature to HDMI ARC according to the manual.
Hence, I have connected with an HDMI cable the HDMI ARC of the TV to the HDMI Auto of the amplifier and still no sound. Also, the amplifier opens automatically as supposed when I open the TV.